Ethics of a Virtual Assistant (VA)
These ethics were written by our members at our Virtual Assistant network:
- As a Virtual Assistant, I will maintain the highest ethics and honesty in all dealings with clients, colleagues and the general public.
- I will seek to deal with colleagues, suppliers and employees in a fair and equitable manner, and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the Virtual Assistant profession.
- As a highly ethical Virtual Assistant, I will only take on projects that are within my abilities. If a project is not within my ability, the client will be notified immediately and I will provide recommendations for other highly skilled Virtual Assistants.
- Client information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with others or used for personal gain.
- I highly value each client relationship and will not place one client above another.
- I will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- I will be honest about my intentions and never misrepresent my skills, peers, or my profession as a whole, whether to networks or to prospects, clients, and the community at large (virtual or otherwise).
- I will not knowingly be a part of any illegal or unethical activity.
- I will promote the Virtual Assistance industry with the utmost professionalism and give of my knowledge freely to new and existing VAs and the general public.
*Source: VAnetworking.com VA Code of Ethics
The Market Leader for Virtual Assistants
Freely use our definition on your website without acknowledgment. An exchange link as stated in above *Source is greatly appreciated but not required. We find most VAs like to define virtual assistance for their website visitors on either their homepage or “about” page. You decide—it’s your website.