NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

What does this mean? RE: Elance

5 replies to this topic

#1 kathy c

kathy c

Long Time Member

• 779 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

...and I hope I can ask an Elance question here....

I have been invited on Elance to send in a proposal for a job. Does this happen often?

#2 sherra

sherra

Free Member

• 1,297 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

I personally have never been invited to bid on something on elance, but potential clients can browse through profiles and if they like what they see they can invite you to bid on their project.

#3 Linda Gail

Linda Gail

• 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hi Kathy,

Yes it does. When you have a strong profile and put your self in the right job category's you will get invited to bid. What I like about being asked to bid is I can see if the other bidders place a min. hourly rate on their profile. Also if you are invited to bid you have less bidders bidding against you.

Good Luck

#4 tinyqueen

tinyqueen

Free Member

• 1,360 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:39 PM

I have been a buyer on Elance on a couple of occasions. On both occasions, I browsed profiles and submitted invitations to bid to those who looked like promising candidates. In one of the cases, I awarded the job to someone I had invited even though others seemed equally qualified. Definitely respond if you're interested in the project. Being invited means the person already thinks you have the qualifications to do the job and would like to work with you.

#5 mdtiberio

mdtiberio

• 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Speaking about Elance, and I realize that I'm a bit late on the subject, but I'm a freelancer there and I couldn't be happier about it. Kathy, it's great when you get invites from clients who are looking to hire, and I say this for a couple of reasons. One of which is because if you're a paid member like I am, you're allotted 60 credits per month. (at least on the plan that I'm on). When you're invited by a client, you don't use any of your credits. It's 'on the house' so to speak. Secondly, if you've been invited by a client, that means that they've already seen your profile, so you don't have to go overboard in detail about your experience. I'd also like to say that PLS is absolutely correct. You definitely want to respond to an invite if it interests you. Again, that client has already seen your profile and chances are extremely high that you have what they're looking for. If however, they want you to send them your personal information, for example your Skype ID or email address, my best advice would be to politely explain to them that you're happy to do the job for them but you'd like to keep all correspondence through Elance. After working with that person a few times, if you're comfortable enough, then you can do so, but make sure that all files that you send back to the client go through Elance so that you're protected against someone who might not have received the file that you sent back to them via email or whichever method. You're not covered for payment if you don't use Elance's file uploading system. I hope that helps and I wish you all the best with your Elance venture!

Edited by Tawnya, 05 November 2013 - 08:03 PM.

• natasha p, sfrazier and Tawnya Sutherland like this

#6 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for sharing your eLance experience as a member there. I've never really got to hear feedback from someone that actually was a paid member there so thanks :)

• natasha p likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users