NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

BMI International Business Networking

6 replies to this topic

#1 Patty@eXPERTSupport

Patty@eXPERTSupport

• 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hello! I was wondering -- has anyone heard of BNI International Business Networking and attended one of their networking events? I might take a stab at it and check it out. The Miami chapter is holding a meeting on Dec. 10, it costs $45 for non-members . . . I'd really love to hear back from anyone who has heard/attended a BMI event.

#2 lindah

lindah

Long Time Member

• 1,071 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Patti

Yes, I have heard of BNI. I have even attended several different group meetings. There was no charge to visit the meeting, but I think that there is a limit a two visits per group before they want you to become a member. Here the membership is around $300-400 per year, plus the cost of meals (if the meeting was at a restaurant). Also you have to commit to attending weekly meetings, etc.

I would call and find out exactly what the $45 is for, because I was never charged a fee to attending one of their meetings as a visitor. This could be something that has been opened up to the entire community with the BNI members getting a reduced rate. You may find out that their is a chapter where you can visit and it costs you nothing.

Some people love BNI, but because my start up funds were limited and they wanted weekly commitments, etc., I decided that I would not join groups similar to BNI or Pro. That is not to say that when I am invited I say no. I always tell the person who invites me that I will not join their group, so they realize up front that I am not going to make the commitment. They usually reply that they want me to attend because they have people that they want to introduce me to. So I look at my schedule and let them know when I can visit their group.

#3 kathy c

kathy c

Long Time Member

• 779 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Patty,

I've heard of BNI but have not attended any of their functions, can't help you on that one - maybe someone else will chime in here. I'm certain that like most networking events - it would be worth attending just for making the contacts and getting some exposure to other people.

#4 Patty@eXPERTSupport

Patty@eXPERTSupport

• 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Thanks so much for your input. I too am super low on funds and would not be able to commit to such a steep membership fee. I'm still getting my pennies together to join IVAA. :blush: I'm going to attend one of BNI's meetings next week, bring a ton of business cards, and just see what happens. I've been looking for ways to get myself out there and found BNI on the Internet during one of my many searches. Thanks again for your input on this and shining some light on what to expect from this organization.

#5 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Thanks so much for your input. I too am super low on funds and would not be able to commit to such a steep membership fee. I'm still getting my pennies together to join IVAA. :blush:

If you are really serious about gaining new clients and learning how to market your VA business, I'd recommend joining our VAinsiders Club first and foremost above any other VA organization or networking group. We have jobs coming into the job board on a regular basis and by just landing one of them, you've paid for your monthly membership fee. These jobs are from clients who already know about VAs and want to utilize their services. Also, at the VAinsiders Club, we train you with our monthly webinars which are a godsend to anyone with a VA business who is trying to market themselves. Plus all the free resources from hundreds of VA business templates to over 100 webinars in our archives, the resources are priceless!

Hope to see you on the inside ;)

#6 Patty@eXPERTSupport

Patty@eXPERTSupport

• 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thank you, Tawnya! This definitely looks very well worth the investment. One thing for certain, in order to make money, I'm going to have to spend some. I'm adding this to my list of expenses. I didn't even realize you offered this here :yay:

#7 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Thank you, Tawnya! This definitely looks very well worth the investment. One thing for certain, in order to make money, I'm going to have to spend some. I'm adding this to my list of expenses. I didn't even realize you offered this here :yay:

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users