NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

Certification question -- again

5 replies to this topic

#1 Patty@eXPERTSupport

Patty@eXPERTSupport

• 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Hello and good Friday to everyone! I have another certification question -- I just couldn't find where I had posted this question before, so I do apologize if I'm being redundant. I am interested in the certification program here on the VANetworking forum. But my concern is that I have not been "in business" for over a year yet. Although my background as a corporate executive assistant goes back 25 years (yikes), I'm just starting my new career as a VA. Will this affect my certification process? Should I wait until I've actually been in business for a year? Thank you so much in advance for your answer, and again, I'm sorry for posting my certification question again :unsure:

#2 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,421 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Until you have been in business for one year, there is no sense applying as this is prerequisite for our VAcertified.com certification. The reason the board decided upon this prerequisite is because there had been many fly-by-night people becoming a VA overnight. We want to see that you have been in business for one year practicing as a VA. That can be in the form of a business registration, tax returns, paid invoices dated back a year, etc.

#3 Patty@eXPERTSupport

Patty@eXPERTSupport

• 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Thank you, Tawnya, for your reply. Although I'm disappointed to hear that, I can see the reasoning behind it. I officially began my company in May 2010, so it looks like I've six months to go to reach my one-year mark. :thumbup:

#4 jerri g

jerri g

• 379 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:53 AM

Until you have been in business for one year, there is no sense applying as this is prerequisite for our VAcertified.com certification. The reason the board decided upon this prerequisite is because there had been many fly-by-night people becoming a VA overnight. We want to see that you have been in business for one year practicing as a VA. That can be in the form of a business registration, tax returns, paid invoices dated back a year, etc.

Hi Tawnya,

This is of interest to me. My business has been registered for 1 year and I have been in the planning stages of my VA business as well. Although, to my disappointment I have yet aquire a client yet. My website is up and I am ready to go. I have been visible on Twitter, FB and LinkedIn as well as VA networking. Am I eligible to become vacertified?

#5 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,421 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hi Tawnya,

This is of interest to me. My business has been registered for 1 year and I have been in the planning stages of my VA business as well. Although, to my disappointment I have yet aquire a client yet. My website is up and I am ready to go. I have been visible on Twitter, FB and LinkedIn as well as VA networking. Am I eligible to become vacertified?

Jerri, certification is based on many factors. These are the areas we will assess via a series of questions with supporting documentation required during the certification process:

* Government Education
o High School Graduation
o College/Trade Certifications
o University Degrees
* Virtual Assistant-related Education
o VA Training Programs
o Coaching/Mentoring Hours
o Further Education
o Certifications
* Work/Professional Experience
o Self employment history (Min. 1 year in business)
o Client testimonials
o Previous Admin/Corporate Work Experience
* Professional Accomplishments
o Online Presence
o VA related Volunteer Work
o Industry Participation
o Industry Promotion/Growth

A VAcertified.com virtual assistant is someone who has demonstrated he or she is the whole package: professional, skilled, and morally bound to the VA-client.relationship.

#6 jerri g

jerri g

• 379 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi Tawnya,

Jerri, certification is based on many factors. These are the areas we will assess via a series of questions with supporting documentation required during the certification process:

* Government Education
o High School Graduation
o College/Trade Certifications
o University Degrees
* Virtual Assistant-related Education
o VA Training Programs
o Coaching/Mentoring Hours
o Further Education
o Certifications
* Work/Professional Experience
o Self employment history (Min. 1 year in business)
o Client testimonials
o Previous Admin/Corporate Work Experience
* Professional Accomplishments
o Online Presence
o VA related Volunteer Work
o Industry Participation
o Industry Promotion/Growth

A VAcertified.com virtual assistant is someone who has demonstrated he or she is the whole package: professional, skilled, and morally bound to the VA-client.relationship.

Thank you Tawnya. I have accomplished a little over half with documentation. I will continue and be the whole package soon and when I am I will apply to become VA certified :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users