NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

Evernote

22 replies to this topic

#1 Tawnya Sutherland

Tawnya Sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,365 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

After the VAvirtuosos.com series and Lisa Cumes fantastic webinar on new technology for VAs, I thought I'd feature a product/tool/resource each week that Virtual Assistants can use in their business. If you are using it, please share your feedback below for others.

Featured Product: Evernote

Cost: FREE

Description: Remember everything, capture anything, access anywhere and find things fast. With Evernote you can save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see. Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device out there. You can even search by keyword, tag or even printed and handwritten text inside images.

I use this on my desktop computer, my iPhone and my iPad. I find it a great tool to put all my notes and organize them into groups. I even go as far as to have client groups so if I see a website or blog post that I'd like to send to a client, I can bookmark it in Evernote to send to them at a later date. I've also found Evernote to be a godsend during a busy conference. For example, I went to a conference with a friend and all the classes sounded fabulous to attend yet you had to choose either/or as they ran at the same times. So I took half the classes and my friend took the other half. We took notes in Evernote and then shared those with each other in the cloud ;)

How are you using evernote and what do you like/dislike about it?

#2 judy l

judy l

Long Time Member

• 2,704 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Evernote is so cool! I bought it along time ago to use in place of OneNote. Now, I like it even more. A colleague recently found it and his delight at his discovery was great. I am using it to take notes on an ebook and develop scripts for Camtasia videos this weekend. The sync account makes it as versatile as other online gems such as dropbox or Amazon cloud. I can access them from any of the many computers.

#3 Essential Receptionist

Essential Receptionist

• 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have only used Evernote for personal stuff but love it. I have it on my PC and my android phone. I like how the app and online acct syncs.

#4 lindah

lindah

Long Time Member

• 1,071 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Tawnya

I just started using Evernote (thanks to the same Virtuosos seminar). So far there is nothing that I dislike about it. I love that it syncs to my computer and smartphone, so that if something happens to my smartphone (heaven forbid), I still have all of the information that I entered on my smartphone on my computer. I even recommended it to one of my clients because they really needed something that could make their life easier.

Since I saw that Dana was also a fan, I asked her about it before I went and downloaded it for myself.

#5 semershon

semershon

• 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I love Evernote, great program and easy to use!

#6 MAK'S VA Services

MAK'S VA Services

• 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

I just found out how Evernote works , it's cool and easy to use !!!

#7 dana fortier

dana fortier

Long Time Member

• 2,113 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Tawnya

I just started using Evernote (thanks to the same Virtuosos seminar). So far there is nothing that I dislike about it. I love that it syncs to my computer and smartphone, so that if something happens to my smartphone (heaven forbid), I still have all of the information that I entered on my smartphone on my computer. I even recommended it to one of my clients because they really needed something that could make their life easier.

Since I saw that Dana was also a fan, I asked her about it before I went and downloaded it for myself.

Its hard for me to say which I love more - Evernote or Box.net. Both have saved my bacon time and time again. And yes - I have both of those sync'd w/ my iPad and phone, too. OOH - and I can even access it through LogMeIn (also on my phone and iPad!!)

I used to be a big Dropbox fan, but I've found Box.net is more compatible with my iPad and since I often need documents when I'm out and about, I can save them for offline use in Box, and that doesn't seem to work with Dropbox, which is the reason for my switch.

I have both, I utilize both, but I like Box just a little bit better.

Evernote, Evernote,:wub: Eeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrnnnnnnoooooooottttteeee :wub:

#8 judy l

judy l

Long Time Member

• 2,704 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

Tawnya

Its hard for me to say which I love more - Evernote or Box.net. Both have saved my bacon time and time again. And yes - I have both of those sync'd w/ my iPad and phone, too. OOH - and I can even access it through LogMeIn (also on my phone and iPad!!)

I used to be a big Dropbox fan, but I've found Box.net is more compatible with my iPad and since I often need documents when I'm out and about, I can save them for offline use in Box, and that doesn't seem to work with Dropbox, which is the reason for my switch.

I have both, I utilize both, but I like Box just a little bit better.

Evernote, Evernote,:wub: Eeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrnnnnnnoooooooottttteeee :wub:

What Dana said. I'm doing all my composing in Evernote. Remember when doing some copy/paste that its quirky, but if I copy it into the TEXT option for Wordpress, it takes no odd stuff with it. Meanwhile, I have all my notes on my stuff, online or off line, no matter which computer where.

#9 Tina Pierce

Tina Pierce

• 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Interesting.. will try to use this. Thanks for the info guys! :yay:

#10 kathy a

kathy a

• 136 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

After the VAvirtuosos.com series and Lisa Cumes fantastic webinar on new technology for VAs, I thought I'd feature a product/tool/resource each week that Virtual Assistants can use in their business. If you are using it, please share your feedback below for others.

Featured Product: Evernote

Cost: FREE

Description: Remember everything, capture anything, access anywhere and find things fast. With Evernote you can save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see. Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device out there. You can even search by keyword, tag or even printed and handwritten text inside images.

I use this on my desktop computer, my iPhone and my iPad. I find it a great tool to put all my notes and organize them into groups. I even go as far as to have client groups so if I see a website or blog post that I'd like to send to a client, I can bookmark it in Evernote to send to them at a later date. I've also found Evernote to be a godsend during a busy conference. For example, I went to a conference with a friend and all the classes sounded fabulous to attend yet you had to choose either/or as they ran at the same times. So I took half the classes and my friend took the other half. We took notes in Evernote and then shared those with each other in the cloud ;)

How are you using evernote and what do you like/dislike about it?

Hello all............

I started using Evernote several months back, but it did not catch my eye as quickly as Dropbox and OneNote. I'm a fan of Dropbox due to a recent project where it was completely reliable and a life-saver. I have not yet seen Box.com or "Box"... and will check it out to see the differences between that and Dropbox.

Now I'm planning to learn more about OneNote (since it came with Office2010 and I believe syncs in the cloud as well); and will be adding it to my Android phone for testing.

For Evernote - since it sounds so versatile - I will give it another look, and be looking for someone to experiment with on some shared items. Question ......... do you find yourself most often going to the web version to make entries? Asking because the mobile version just didn't grab me... not sure why...

Question for those who changed from OneNote to something else - can I ask why, or can you give me a quick highlight of features you gained by changing? Maybe I won't waste time with OneNote - though I love how well it is integrated with Office, Outlook, the web browser, and other items via right-click on mouse and/or one click on the system tray at bottom right. Perhaps the others are that quick and easy as well??

Judy - can you say why you like Box better than Dropbox?

Thanks for any and all answers!

Kathy Anderson

PS: In a separate post I am hoping to find someone who is happy using Teamwork PM... I did a search in the Forum but didn't find many entries.

#11 dana fortier

dana fortier

Long Time Member

• 2,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

Evernote and OneNote are virtually the same. There's some differences, but it just depends on what you're used to, what you like and how you learned which one. Here's an article that talks about the differences and similarities: Evernote vs OneNote Review

#12 judy l

judy l

Long Time Member

• 2,704 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Evernote and OneNote are virtually the same. There's some differences, but it just depends on what you're used to, what you like and how you learned which one. Here's an article that talks about the differences and similarities: Evernote vs OneNote Review

I have used OneNote and it is much prettier than Evernote for starters, at least Evernote free. I never got quite comfortable with the synch for OneNote, but that was me, not the program. I've used both and am using Evernote right now because of the price and it was in my line of site when I got the 'synch revelation'.

Just recently, a group I work with has been discussing 'budget collaboration' and experimenting with more EverNote aspects for sharing, etc. We'll have a Rube Goldberg assembly of tools, working with Google Apps, Evernote and Dropbox, but again, the keyword is Budget.

#13 kathy a

kathy a

• 136 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Thanks, Dana - sorry, I just saw this reply. I'll check out the product review. I guess I'll have to start subscribing to my own posts - but I thought it was automatic!?

#14 kathy a

kathy a

• 136 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have used OneNote and it is much prettier than Evernote for starters, at least Evernote free. I never got quite comfortable with the synch for OneNote, but that was me, not the program. I've used both and am using Evernote right now because of the price and it was in my line of site when I got the 'synch revelation'.

Just recently, a group I work with has been discussing 'budget collaboration' and experimenting with more EverNote aspects for sharing, etc. We'll have a Rube Goldberg assembly of tools, working with Google Apps, Evernote and Dropbox, but again, the keyword is Budget.

I agree about the OneNote sync process - and also don't know why!? Evernote is an easier sell for clients - in cases where you really want them to have their own account for sharing notes, weblinks, audio recordings, etc. OneNote is great and has come a long way but it is not FREE.

#15 iassistyourbiz

iassistyourbiz

• 67 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I've recently bought the premium option and could put it to use right away:
I did my translation work in Evernote and shared it with my proofreader, who in turn could edit the files.
Then I've shared it with my client for quality control before I've formatted it to his wishes in my office program!

Also, I've added Wappwolf which enables direct share between dropbox and evernote.
Additionally I've signed up for ifttt.com and Hojoki .. for additional functuonality...

I've sorted all my collected pdfs into Evernote now, for future read on my Galaxy, and since I am premium, I can do this even offline.
Saves me a whole lot of paper, as I really hate reading on my laptop, but wouldn't want to waste my expensive printer cartridge for zillions of pdfs. However, reading on my smarty is really nice.

Gosh, I simply love this notetaker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users