NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

MailChimp

8 replies to this topic

#1 jerri g

jerri g

• VBSS Member

• 379 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I set up a sign up for on my website tested it and it works. Now what I need is how do I get an auto email to be sent Thanking the person and having a link that they click on to get the special offer?

#2 cathy drappier

cathy drappier

• VAinsiders

• 432 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Jerri, I think if you are setting up a list in Mailchimp you can then go into 'create forms' and from there design the form to sign up as well as the message that gets sent back to the subscriber. I created my newsletter list a while ago but just recently used it to send out the newsletter. If you want to test mine out and see how it works click on this link ( newsletter signup ) to subscribe (you can always unsub later...or stay on the list and get my newsletters! lol) and see what response comes back. I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.
Cathy

#3 pmdost

pmdost

Long Time Member

• VBSS Member

• 8,906 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Jerri,

Cathy is correct. Go to the dashboard, then go to forms under that list. You'll be able to set up the different messages there.

#4 cathy drappier

cathy drappier

• VAinsiders

• 432 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Patty! I wasn't totally sure but glad to know I was going in the right direction! LOL :thumbup:

#5 tawnya sutherland

tawnya sutherland

Admin/Founder Since 2003

• Admin-Founder

• 12,489 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

I just read today via Lynn Terry's Blog that if you are using Mailchimp for your autoresponders that Mailchimp does NOT work with affiliate marketers you can lose all of your lists (!) by including an affiliate link in an email.

Something you should be aware of for your clients if they are making extra money in their autoresponders with affiliate links. You wouldn't want to lose your whole list you have worked hard at building.

That's the problem with FREE programs, there are always hidden clauses so buyer beware ;)

#6 jerri g

jerri g

• VBSS Member

• 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

[quote name='Tawnya' timestamp='1333661325' post='139931']
I just read today via Lynn Terry's Blog that if you are using Mailchimp for your autoresponders that Mailchimp does NOT work with affiliate marketers you can lose all of your lists (!) by including an affiliate link in an email.

Something you should be aware of for your clients if they are making extra money in their autoresponders with affiliate links. You wouldn't want to lose your whole list you have worked hard at building.

That's the problem with FREE programs, there are always hidden clauses so buyer beware ;)
[/quote
Excellent information Tawnya, thank you. Also, thank you to Patty and Cathy as well.

#7 cathy drappier

cathy drappier

• VAinsiders

• 432 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Aww man! I wonder if it's the same for the newsletters. I'll have to check that out...thanks Tawnya!

#8 cathy drappier

cathy drappier

• VAinsiders

• 432 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I went to the Mailchimp 'terms of service' and I'm still not too clear. It gives a list of business that they don't want using their service and does say 'affiliate marketers', but I'm thinking that having an affiliate link in an advertisement in a newsletter for home-based businesses wouldn't constitute the same thing would it? What e-mail service do others use if they want to include advertisement for products/services they have an affiliate link for?
Cathy

#9 jerri g

jerri g

• VBSS Member

• 379 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I went to the Mailchimp 'terms of service' and I'm still not too clear. It gives a list of business that they don't want using their service and does say 'affiliate marketers', but I'm thinking that having an affiliate link in an advertisement in a newsletter for home-based businesses wouldn't constitute the same thing would it? What e-mail service do others use if they want to include advertisement for products/services they have an affiliate link for?
Cathy

hmmm! that something to think about ;) Thanks Cathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users