NEWS You Can Use Happening at our VA Forum ...

Learn about all the resources here at our network by watching this 30 minute video walkthrough...
CLICK HERE TO WATCH NOW

Want to Become a VA?
Invest in The VBSS!
How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
Virtual Assistant Organization Association
Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
* Access to Our Job Board *
* VA Training Webinars*
* Group Coaching *
* Monthly MotiVAtor *
* Private Mastermind Area *
* Business Templates *
* Contracts & Forms*
*System Sheets & eBooks *
* Seminar Archives *
* Plus VAinsider Perks! *
UPGRADE HERE

FREE Sample Chapter

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Affordable online backup for your small business

Click to see your AD here!

Virtual Assistant Search Engine Directory - Add Your Link

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Get Your FREE VA
Member Button Here!

Photo

Redefining Stationary

18 replies to this topic

#1 adminessentials

adminessentials

• 152 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Good evening fellow VA's:

I am in the process of considering to redefine my stationary (letterhead, business cards, etc.) and I am wondering if I could get opinions of some samples that I created tonight.

I have uploaded 5 different samples into Yahoo photos and would like to get some honest opinions on them. I want something that will be professional, yet fun, exciting, and stand out! The one sample called "Admin" is my current business card but not sure I like it that much.

View Samples Here

As for business for me, it is great! I sent a press release to a major local newspaper here in Ontario and it just got released on Wednesday. Since then I have already had 6 calls come in and all are interested in meeting with me. I also am attending a speed networking on Feb.2 through the Chamber so I am excited and looking forward to that!

Please help me decided whether to change stationary or not! I would like feedback whether it be good or bad, as that helps me to become a better person in the strategic marketing world!

Thanks in advance!

#2 julieensor

julieensor

Long Time Member

• 705 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

My vote is for BCard 5 - very nice design! thumbup.gif I also like the way you have listed a few of your services on BCard 4, so maybe if you somehow incorporated that into your BCard 5 design it would be perfect! (maybe you could take off the mailling address to make more room?)

One thing I noticed that is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents... Why is your email address @brktel.on.ca instead of @administrativeessentials.com? I think it would give you a more professional look if it were all consistent and directed toward your business site. I, too, have an email address through my ISP, but I do not market that address. Again, just my 2 cents... feel free to take it or leave it. smile.gif

Edited by julieensor, 20 January 2006 - 09:19 PM.

#3 brandi63

brandi63

Long Time Member

• VBSS Member

• 1,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

I like the way the "admin" one has your business name big and standing out. "BCard 5" looks good too. And I also agree with Julie about your email address. smile.gif

#4 MLZambos

MLZambos

VA Virtuoso

• 857 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Okay I will be the first one to be the odd man out on this one.

I like your current one. I like how your company name stands out but more importantly I love how your services are right there and bold. The fact that you have them listed in the blue area drives my eye there even better. I noticed this was the only card where you didn't have your address and so you took great advantage of using that extra space by making your text and grapics larger. Over all it stands out over the rest. As VA's we really don't need to have our address on our cards so I say leave it off and use that valuable space to promote your business.

I also agree with Brandi and Julie, your email address should be your company name. I noticed that you have a web address listed. I would say about 95% of all host offer at least 1 email address with the hosting package. If not I would strongly suggest looking for one that does. I know that even Dayana Host offers 3 addresses with its $15/year subscription.

HTH and the best of luck

By the way I love your logo of the computer mouse lassoing in the world. Great visual. smile.gif

#5 Kali

Kali

• 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:27 PM

I like your current card! If I had to choose a different one, I would go with bcard5. I too agree about the email address. I am curently setting mine up, as I am new to this.

#6 adminessentials

adminessentials

• 152 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the wonderful responses. As for the email situation, I do have unlimited email addresses through my web host so I will be changing my email to one of those. I should have done this a long time ago but never have. It will be changed when I redefine or reprint new stationary.

I like my current business card as well but I don't think that it is that fun and exciting! Maybe I will change the one everyone likes to different look to include services. Thanks again and the more feedback I receive the BETTER!

Please have a look at the UPDATED BCARD 5 with changes made! Let me know about this one. Thanks!

Edited by yourvirtualoffice, 21 January 2006 - 06:53 AM.

#7 Laurie

Laurie

• 190 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

I like the original one best. It's crisp, clean, clear, easy to read, and pleasing to the eye.

Laurie

Edited by Laurie, 21 January 2006 - 10:50 AM.

#8 MLZambos

MLZambos

VA Virtuoso

• 857 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

Sorry Michelle but I still like the first one. It is more pleasing to the eye and really does seem more fun then the others. If I was handed that card I would be interested to know more.

just my 2 cents worth.

#9 julieensor

julieensor

Long Time Member

• 705 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

I like the new Bcard 5 design - looks great! But I think the contact info needs to be a little larger like the original Bcard 5 design. I like your original card, too, but you will need to work your web address in there somewhere if you're going to keep using it. I think either one you use will be perfect!

#10 yvonne mccoy

yvonne mccoy

Free Member

• 1,131 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

Updated Bizcard 5

Looks great!!

#11 michelle j

michelle j

Long Time Member

• 1,037 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:19 AM

I, too, like the Updated #5! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(YvonneMcCoy @ Jan 21 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

Updated Bizcard 5

Looks great!!

#12 Kali

Kali

• 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

I like the updated card! Great job!

#13 Guest_trinaren_*

Guest_trinaren_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

I must say that I prefer your current one to all of the others. I just like how all the really important info (business name, services...) all stand out the most. That's what I'm really looking for when I get a card, if that much interests me, then I'll take a closer look, but often I'll only glance at the card, so it only has a split second to grab my attention.

I like how you added the services to the new card, but it's still to small for me to see in a quick glance.

Hope it helps :-)

#14 brandi63

brandi63

Long Time Member

• VBSS Member

• 1,360 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

I like the updated "BCard5", but with your business name the way it is in "admin". Does that make sense?

#15 adminessentials

adminessentials

• 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

Thanks again for all the great responses and advice! I have now updated BIZ CARD 5 with a few different layouts and designs so that my name sticks out more. Please have a look at the new designs and choose your favorite from this list. They are under the album called "CARDS".

New Designs

thankyou.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users