Tawnya Sutherland

Learn Wordpress & Blogging Resources

You can download Wordpress here to install at your host.

NEED HOSTING? If you don't have hosting yet, we have an awesome hosting package for $99.95/year. Our hosting is very reliable and we have a track record this year of 99.9% uptime (You don't want your website offline or you won't make money!) All our hosting packages include cpanel and easy one click installation of Wordpress for you.

CLICK HERE to check out our VA Hosting Packages

Don't want to do it yourself? We also offer VA Website/WordPress Packages starting at $197

CLICK HERE to check out our Website/Wordpress Design Services

Wordpress.org offers FREE Tutotials to learn their software just click here to start learning. I highly recommend you go through their tutorials. There are so many plugins and addons for wordpress to enhance your website too at this page.

VAinsiders members now have basic Wordpress Training included with their membership inside their member area.

Not a VAinsider yet? CLICK HERE to JOIN

Any questions, look for answers or ask in our WordPress #VAforum area here

Mark Hunter runs our Wordpress Forum and you can grab his FREE Wordpress Niche Site Blueprint course by clicking here

I also recommend these paid Wordpress training programs by members of our forum:

Also these companies have training on Wordpress too!

Virtual Training Center has wordpress tutorials too for $30/mth. In fact you can enjoy over 900 courses for just $30/mth here.

Themes I have used and highly recommend:

It's best to avoid the FREE themes available out there as in the end it will come back to haunt you. Most developers of free themes don't update them regularly with each Wordpress Update. The paid ones above do.

Looking for Plugins? Here is a list of the plugins our members recommend CLICK HERE

• Like 3

So many on this forum have come so far with WordPress. Seems like just a couple years ago that it was mind-boggling. If someone new starts with either self-hosted or at Wordpress.com, there is a new default theme that is attractive out of the box, but offers a lot of flexibility to make it 'your own'. I've used both versions with clients and colleagues...got me so wound up that I've used the topic for a couple recent podcasts.

Hi Tawnya,

Lynette Chandler's course on the Blogging Starter Pack, is it just for developing a blog? Or can you also build full-running websites with this course? Please let me know.

Hi Tawnya,

Lynette Chandler's course on the Blogging Starter Pack, is it just for developing a blog? Or can you also build full-running websites with this course? Please let me know.

Hey VABee, that resource was created for the blogger in mind. Angela's course should cover more of design and using WordPress as a website.

Once you get through that, come back to VATrainingsite to explore the other areas of managing your WordPress site. We have courses on speeding up your site, multisite, using custom fields, shortcodes, hacking recovery. The best thing about these is, you can turn around and sell the new skill you learned. Lots of people setting up WordPress sites and need additional help after the fact.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know :)

• Like 1

Thanks Tawnya, I signed up with VTC, which is similiar to Lynda.com, which I canceled to sign up with VTC, I think they have more courses that I can benefit from, AND they're cheaper...thanks for the share...saving $7 a month.

• Like 1

Denise, I took the course at VTC a few years ago. I liked that it was in video segments so I could easily do it whenever and wherever I wanted.

I think it is worth the $30 or whatever the monthly fee is. Plus there are a ton of other courses on there.

I remember it being pretty basic, but if you are a newbie I recommend it to help you understand and navigate through WordPress.

Hey Danielle,

I had to cancel my account with VTC due to of connectivity issues from where I am currently located. I love Lynda.com ($37 monthly), through using those tutorials and a few books, I'm 80% complete with my page.

There are numberous video lessons with regular updates.

I'd like to announce my official membership site for learning WordPress.

You can learn more here.

It's been a long 4 days putting it together. Still have some training to add and then more monthly. I think it's good value and was inspired by @Tawnya Sutherland with the monthly coaching and group component.

If anybody is interested, or knows anybody who might be a good fit, I'd love to hear from you.

I've learned so much more about WordPress even  while creating this membership site. There are so many time saving tools too! ;);)

• Like 3