• Announcements

• tawnya sutherland

JOIN our groups on Facebook, Linkedin & G+ too!   04/05/2017

Here at the #VAforum is where you'll find me sharing my most valuable, in-depth 20+ years of VA experience and knowledge through my written word. It is the best area to get your questions directly answered in detail by me, Tawnya Sutherland as I come here every morning to start my day out helping Virtual Assistants however I can. I do also share in small bytes at other social networking groups I manage online so feel free to check me out there too: Facebook group for Virtual Assistants  Facebook group for Virtual Assistants to Stay Fit  Like our Facebook Page too Linkedin Group for Virtual Assistants (22,000+) Google+ Community for Virtual Assistants I look forward to engaging with you online whatever your social network.
iassistyourbiz

My first ever Press Release

3 posts in this topic

Hey there,

hope you are all well and buzzing :-)

I've recently joined a local start up group. We are all absolute newbies to owning a business and decided to help each other out as we are all broke.

So for our next meeting we've planned to write press releases.

Having great troubles to write a nice copy for my own website, although I have been a writer for magazines years ago, it felt odd to get this on paper (yes, paper, it connects the best with my brain somehow *lol*). I would be grateful for some advise if anything needs correction (my grammar, sentence structures, spelling?) or improvement on the content.

I Assist Your Biz was founded by Andrea Busch, a German expat, who fell in love with England and Robin Hood twenty years ago and eventually moved to Nottingham in April 2009.

Quickly she recognised the struggle UK-companies have, when they deal with business partners in Germany.

"Communication was an issue", David Guppy of KeTech remembers, when he secured a multi-million contract with the German government. Although nearly all Germans speak some English nowadays, some don’t feel comfortable enough to do business in the other language.

"I've gone back to my CEO and said: 'We need someone, who speaks fluent German, quickly!' It was one of the requirements by the German authorities, that all communication has to be in German", said David Guppy.

Outsourcing to traditional translation agencies seemed to be unsuitable for the day to day communication and web-based translation (e.g. by Google or bing) lacked accuracy. Also, it is not regarded as very professional in the eyes of the upmarket German business partner.

Aside from quick translation of the daily communication there were also the classic tasks of a project assistant to fulfil. So, when Andrea was sent by an agency she filled this gap and was employed in an all-in-one role as project assistant, customer liaison and translator for the period of time the project was at its height.

However, not all companies need a fulltime all-in-one assistant. Something also Andrea experienced.

Trying the conventional path to employment proved to be unsuccessful. "I've probably registered with nearly every job agencies in Nottingham and the UK, but it seemed to me, that they were all focused on my German language skills." The unemployment rate in the administration sector is very high, especially in the current economic state.

Not ready to give up so easily and encouraged by one of her former employers she researched the idea of self-employment.

In April 2012 she started her own business as Virtual Assistant, offering administration, customer liaison and her language skills to companies over the internet.

"There are plenty of companies out there who deal with German business partners, which don't need a full time administrator but could use help with some of their tasks by an assistant with my skill set." She also offers her services to Small-Business-Owners. "More and more people are self-employed or work from home. In their former corporate environment they had administrational support, but having your own company means you have to fill all the roles by yourself. Administration is for many people tedious, frustrating and time consuming. I would like to take the pain of those tasks away and help business owners to make the best use of their time. The costs of a Virtual Assistant are small in comparison to the amounts you save, when you could put this time to better use in marketing and/or clients." She believes that as much as 99% of all administrative tasks can be done via internet. "Only physical filing and fetching the tea are still not possible. But who knows what the future holds on this matter..." she says smiling.

I hope to send this PR out in April, on my designated proper start up date.

=I don't know if you sent it out yet, but if not, I have three minor tweaks. Bing should be capitalized and I would recommend a comma in this phrase:

So, when Andrea was sent by an agency, she filled this gap and was employed in an all-in-one role as project assistant, customer liaison and translator for the period of time the project was at its height.

And third, I would recommend changing agencies to agency in this sentence: "I've probably registered with nearly every job agencies in Nottingham and the UK..."

I am American, so my grammar is American. These changes might not be "correct" in the U.K.

Best of luck!