• Announcements

• tawnya sutherland

JOIN our groups on Facebook, Linkedin & G+ too!   04/05/2017

Here at the #VAforum is where you'll find me sharing my most valuable, in-depth 20+ years of VA experience and knowledge through my written word. It is the best area to get your questions directly answered in detail by me, Tawnya Sutherland as I come here every morning to start my day out helping Virtual Assistants however I can. I do also share in small bytes at other social networking groups I manage online so feel free to check me out there too: Facebook group for Virtual Assistants  Facebook group for Virtual Assistants to Stay Fit  Like our Facebook Page too Linkedin Group for Virtual Assistants (22,000+) Google+ Community for Virtual Assistants I look forward to engaging with you online whatever your social network.
isle.cameaux virtual services

Time Management Tools

15 posts in this topic

For those of you who might be seeking new ideas for time management, here are a few tools I've discovered this week. Does anybody have personal experience with any of these?

Evernote (mentioned by many of you) - http://evernote.com/

Google Calendars ( a frequent choice)

Nozbe for projects - http://www.nozbe.com/

Outlook for calendar and planning

Excel for creating your own planning schedule

Dropbox - https://vajot.com/dropbox

OmniFocus (for Macs) - http/www.omnigroup.com

Catherine

3 people like this

Checking into these over the weekend. Thank you for the list Catherine! :flowers:

1 person likes this

I've also been using Evernote for quite some time now and I have to agree that it's a very useful tool. I've also been using Google Calendar, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, etc.

One thing that's been a huge help on managing my time and improving my productive is a time tracking tool called Time Doctor. :)

Wonderful list of time management tools. You should also consider the hours tracking tool from Replicon. The hassle free tool featured with calendar based and user friendly interface makes it an intuitive tool to work with.

Eina

Can I ask do you use the free version of Time Doctor or do you pay a monthly fee for services ? I stumbled on this site a week ago and was unsure if it was exactly what I was looking for so rather than take trial i took note of the name now I see someone using it i have signed up for Trial and any tips / advise you can give on the service is welcomed.

Thank you

Linda

Catherine, this is a very timely post for me. Since I'm getting my systems in place right now, I'll definitely be checking these out.

Thanks!

1 person likes this

I too have been doing the research on Time Management tools. The one that was in the VA networking video was Timestamp. Timestamp was only listed with 3 stars-but it is freeware! I did see another that also has a freeware version-Zoho Projects. You may only have one project with the freeware though-which doesn't do a thing for me (as well as others I'm sure). I'm going to check on the others listed here (big thanks!)-but was wondering if the Zoho would be worth the monthly investment or if it is overkill? Anyone have experience in Zoho? It works with the google apps as well-a feature I like. Also, is it really conducive to have a time management tool as well as a project management tool? Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Zoho seems to integrate with so many other apps yet I have yet to sit down and play with it. Seems it is free yet there is a charge each app individually so that could add up no?