• Announcements

• tawnya sutherland

JOIN our groups on Facebook, Linkedin & G+ too!   04/05/2017

Here at the #VAforum is where you'll find me sharing my most valuable, in-depth 20+ years of VA experience and knowledge through my written word. It is the best area to get your questions directly answered in detail by me, Tawnya Sutherland as I come here every morning to start my day out helping Virtual Assistants however I can. I do also share in small bytes at other social networking groups I manage online so feel free to check me out there too: Facebook group for Virtual Assistants  Facebook group for Virtual Assistants to Stay Fit  Like our Facebook Page too Linkedin Group for Virtual Assistants (22,000+) Google+ Community for Virtual Assistants I look forward to engaging with you online whatever your social network.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
youronlineva

How to promote your virtual assistant site?

23 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I wish to promote my website. Though I have my own set of ads - but still not getting much of leads.

May I know any particular way of promoting a website?

I'd work on SEO and get it optimized to rank high in search engines for your keywords.

You might want to look at Pay Per Click too (Google Ads or Facebook ads) depending on your market.

Working on a social media marketing campaign and putting that into place can really help get you seen online too. If you are unfamiliar with this type of marketing I suggest you look at this training program by my friend Lynn Terry. I love it!

Try your luck in social media platform. As per my knowledge social media is one of the best platform to be considered there of for the promotion of any online business at full pace. Try out different strategies on the same.

1 person likes this

Currently, I am have problem with traffic; very-few traffic to my Virtual Assistant website. I know "Content is King; Sharing is Queen" but I am stuck with content. I am running out of ideas to writing about Virtual Assistant topics. It's very hard to me to create a new, unique, very good article. :(

1 person likes this

Me too, longnhvietnam! It's tough! I've learned something from you though thank you: Content is King; Sharing is Queen. I haven't written any of my own content yet at all - I wouldn't know how to! I do just want to get stuck in but this media lark is a real sticking point for me too :-(

I find it easy to come up with topics. I feel my niche is open to the possibilities. Maybe we could do guest blogging for one another lol. Or brainstorm blog titles.

But back to the point at hand, I'm assuming most of you are setting up sites to attract leads. I'm naughty in that I'm not capturing leads and my site is more of a go-to for those who already know me as an individual to find out more.

Here's a potential strategy:

Maybe join specialty groups like on facebook and linked in. Discuss your topic there within the group interactively. Blogs are good, but you don't have the same level of interaction. That being said, I would love to write more blog posts.

Most of my business comes from inner circles who I have joined and helped in answering questions, and raising their awareness without want for anything in return.

2 people like this

I agree Mark, most of my engagement seems to come from my social networks and forums/groups I belong in. Doesn't mean blogging is dead though. If you look at some of the busy blogs with tons of comments they can be very engaging. The good blog writers seem to write about more controversial topics that many have their own opinion on. Food for thought.

2 people like this

I am new here and its my first day.I learned many methods from posts but i basically focus on and PPC for leads and also working on seo for my website.

1 person likes this

Dear Longnhvietnam,

Google has just about everything you will need to get started learning to promote your site using social media. There are free downloads and YouTube videos which are perfect for getting started.Simply type in 'How to promote my business using social media" and a ton of information pops up. The best way to learn is to start with your own profiles and follow free tutorials and guides.

You may also wish to follow and log onto social media gurus such as Mari Smith whose newsletters are full of information you can use immediately. Sign onto Kim Garst if you want to learn about social media and other avenues such as Periscope. She's a wealth of information.

In the beginning I spend hours picking up the basics. I purchased books, watched webinars, newsletter and articles. Then I opened up a FB, LinkedIn page and Twitter account and took time to see what others were doing. It's not say to you have to be on every social media platform, rather you need to be on something that suits your business.

You always want to give value so you write pieces about tools, tips, tricks and experiences you have that other people can use for their businesses. It is not promotional. No one wants to read salesy stuff.

Look at how Tawnya sends out her posts to Facebook for VA Networking. She engages her audience with question and advice and all sorts of offers that are useful to our industry.

You can promote your business when you offer value to the people who come to your website and that is the most important piece of advice I can give to you.

Good luck!

Janine

2 people like this