Sign in to follow this  
EvaVAUK

Seeking advice about outsourcing

Hi there,

I am currently preparing a business plan for setting up own VA business and I am thinking of cooperating with other experienced freelancers.

I would like to work on myself (as Self Employed), create an own website including info about me, services, price list atc. I already contacted some experienced people out of my country who are freelancing as well and they are happy to cooperate a few hours per week. Not all of them are Virtual Assistants, but they have lot of experience regarding office task.

I am a little bit scared of that. That is no chance to set up the business like that. I haven't got many years of experience, but I am able to do some tasks, but not all of them. I am in the process of improving MS Office, WordPress, some simple design etc.

I have spent many hours with thinking of agreements between me and clients and between me and staff supporting me.

I am scared that it can be a big risk for me, my potential clients and my potential team, mainly due to terms and conditions in agreement and finance. INSURANCE AS well.

1. Anybody there who is having some proposal of an agreement between you and client and between you and your outsourced team?

2. Is it possible to have a different price list on the website and different price list for outsourced freelancers? For example, my rate will be £25 / hour and freelancers £12,50 / per hour...Can they find out that should I give them much more different rate?

3. Is it fine If you will save the difference between your earnings and their earnings? I mean your commission.

Can someone help?

• Like 1

1. Anybody there who is having some proposal of an agreement between you and client and between you and your outsourced team? Yes you would have an agreement between you and the client and between you and your outsourced team.

2. Is it possible to have a different price list on the website and different price list for outsourced freelancers? For example, my rate will be £25 / hour and freelancers £12,50 / per hour...Can they find out that should I give them much more different rate? You should keep your rate the same, they would pay through you, your rate and then you would pay your subcontractors their rate. There is no need to let the client know what you are paying your subcontractors.

3. Is it fine If you will save the difference between your earnings and their earnings? I mean your commission. Yes you would have the difference.

• Like 4

1. Anybody there who is having some proposal of an agreement between you and client and between you and your outsourced team? Yes you would have an agreement between you and the client and between you and your outsourced team.

2. Is it possible to have a different price list on the website and different price list for outsourced freelancers? For example, my rate will be £25 / hour and freelancers £12,50 / per hour...Can they find out that should I give them much more different rate? You should keep your rate the same, they would pay through you, your rate and then you would pay your subcontractors their rate. There is no need to let the client know what you are paying your subcontractors.

3. Is it fine If you will save the difference between your earnings and their earnings? I mean your commission. Yes you would have the difference.

Hi Emily,
thank you for your answer, time and support !!
1. If I understood well, are you working as Self-Employed having other Self-Employed subcontractors working under your business?
2. I have contacted knowledgeable folks from a different country and they would be happy to cooperate with me. But they live in a country having different taxes and I would pay them from my country. Is it a problem?
3. I am currently in a process of doing the website. I was thinking of Wix because I like their templates and offering services, but I have got a lot of different opinions that WordPress are better and looks more professional. Emily, what is your opinion?
4. What paperwork should I prepare before starting off?
OK: I thinking of creating a website is the easiest part
But, I am still struggling with thoughts regarding the concept of that kind of business as subcontracting is.
My thoughts:
- If I publish a price list including my prices, e.g. £22-25 and they will have a possibility to look at that price list and asking me Eva why you are offering £22-25 per hour and paying us just half of that price? Of course, we are providing an excellent service and we should get the same rate as you offer on the website. Where is an issue?
5. If you are creating a contract to your freelancers (subcontractors), what should you mention there? - my rates publishing on the website or my rates for them
6. Please, do you have a draft of contracts - you as freelancer and clients, you as freelancer and your subcontractor
7. What other paperwork should I do before starting off? Apart from preparing contracts, having software for invoicing, what about insurance for covering my business?
Thank you in advance for your response, time and support :flowers:
Look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best Regards, Eva

1. Yes what you stated is correct.

2. I am not sure on taxes for different countries. I believe you each handle the taxes for your own country.

3. I have a paid Wix site and have been fine with it.

4. Make sure you have all of your contracts in place and yes a website as well.

5. You would only mention your rates with them, and set up the contract just like what you would for a client but slightly different to tweak to your type of relationship with them - Tawnya do you have any contract templates for purchase? Also I do not personally have my rates on my website so the subcontractor does not know what I am charging but typical for the business is a 50% up charge so they shouldn't have a problem with that.

6. Tawnya may have something for you. If not here is a link for templates for purchase - http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/store/category/Contracts

7. Anyone else have answers on this?

1. Yes what you stated is correct.

2. I am not sure on taxes for different countries. I believe you each handle the taxes for your own country.

3. I have a paid Wix site and have been fine with it.

4. Make sure you have all of your contracts in place and yes a website as well.

5. You would only mention your rates with them, and set up the contract just like what you would for a client but slightly different to tweak to your type of relationship with them - Tawnya do you have any contract templates for purchase? Also I do not personally have my rates on my website so the subcontractor does not know what I am charging but typical for the business is a 50% up charge so they shouldn't have a problem with that.

6. Tawnya may have something for you. If not here is a link for templates for purchase - http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/store/category/Contracts

7. Anyone else have answers on this?

Hi Emily,
I really appreciate your answers.
I have got another query regarding paperwork namely insurance covering myself, my clients and my subcontractors.
I have successfully found one contract proposal on the internet and I am in a process of riding through that document and then I would be pleased to send you that document to approval. If it is a good proposal of contract or should I avoid it.
1. What plan do you have on Wix?
- Unlimited Entrepreneurs (bigger storage 20GB) and Freelancers or eCommerce (bigger storage 100GB)?
2. I am facing an issue with creating a new account on PayPal. I have already created one account there but I need to create another one for my business. The first one including an address of my country but now I live in a different country and I need to setting a new account. The problem is that If I start to entering a postcode I don't believe but it doesn't work properly.
My first account has five numbers and my new one will have 7 numbers.
Please, any idea where is a problem?
Thank you in advance for your help !!
Best Regards, Eva

Hi Eva,

I highly recommend if you are just starting out to get a Wordpress.org website. Wordpress is free and you just have to get hosting and a domain name which will run you around $125+/year. If you are interested we have a new program coming out that (includes hosting for a year, domain name, install of Wordpress plus WP training, just ask me about it in private message).

You have so much more options with Wordpress over Wix. As well you can optimize WP sites so much easier than Wix for high search engine ranking.

We have all kinds of contracts like this to use inside our VAinsiders Club. You would have to join it to receive access to them. You may find some free ones on the internet but you get what you pay for too ;)

Hope that helps!

As for your Paypal issue I would contact them directly via their support desk to get the correct answer.

• Like 1

Well my opinion here is that if you are just starting a VA business I agree that you will outsource. For the first question, Yes you need to really have an agreement so that both party knows the deal and also your outsourced team must know this also because they are part of the deal. Second, You don't need to tell your clients that you are outsourcing your team, just make sure you can provide the necessary service.