jackhamm3

Approaching Potential Clients in FB Groups

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I hope you're doing great!

So I've taken a lot of advice on how to find clients (I'm completely new with no existing clients) and one I find intriguing is joining facebook and linkedin groups of your target market so you can easily directly talk to them. So I've done that (one of my main targets is travel bloggers) but I'm not quite sure how to say to them that I'm offering my services without being spammy and risk getting kicked out of the group. Most of the groups are just about bloggers helping each other out with post likes and sharing articles.

Are there any techniques you all have used that tend to work well?

Thanks in advance!

Jack Hamm

1 person likes this

Hi Jack, I haven't dabbled much into finding clients in groups. I started doing it about a year ago and found it took too much of my time and it wasn't for me. But I've heard of VAs having great success with it.

The best way to do it is to find groups where people are interacting and asking questions. I found it difficult to find LinkedIn Groups that weren't just full of spammers. If you can find good groups then just help others out by giving your advice and solving people's' problems. That way people start to see that you are an expert in your field could potentially hire you.

1 person likes this

Hi Jack, I haven't dabbled much into finding clients in groups. I started doing it about a year ago and found it took too much of my time and it wasn't for me. But I've heard of VAs having great success with it.

Thanks, Danielle! If you had to pick one technique to to use to gain clients starting from zero, what would it be? What have you had the most success with?

I've connected with a few clients just through my presence on social media. I'm pretty active on my channels and I constantly post tips and tricks for businesses and people have taken notice. I also get clients through referrals and I've also found clients through the VAinsider Job Board.

1 person likes this

I think the biggest obstacle is forming the relationship and building the trust with the prospect. I do that by helping them out in private message (ie: show them how to do something or if a simple task do it for them like update a wordpress site or proofread a blog post for them) when I see them ask a question. It does take time to do that however but if you have the time, it's well worth it :)

1 person likes this