leatypea

Social Media Marketing Set-Up

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a client that wants a complete social media marketing set-up. I plan to post and create accounts for 10 different apps, so he can do the HootSuite. Any suggestion on how long this will all take? I also will do an audit, help him set objections and goals and create a calendar for him to start out. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well! 

2 people like this

That is quite extensive. Some questions to think about. 

How many accounts do you have to set up?
What is their goal? 
Who is their target market?
What networks do their target market hangout on? (they should only join those ones)
How many are set up that need branding?
How often will you post to each network?
Will you be writing the posts? 
Will you be creating graphics for the posts?
How many followers do they currently have on their networks?
Will you be engaging with followers?
Will you be finding new followers?

2 people like this

I would have to set up 9 social media accounts. I will only be setting them up and training her person to do this (yes, write a training manual) and setting up a calendar. They have a unique place-antiques and eclectic bar altogether. It's made quite a topic, even made it in the Washington Post. Their goal is to be national in 5 years or less and he is growing fast. The target market is 21-35, male and female. He only has a facebook page and a website that a person can't find. I plan on branding throughout as well. He asked for 3 different phases of this project. 1-social media, 2-woocommerce website, and blog. 3-Quickbooks. I'm sure he will ask me to create the graphics (and thanks for the reminder about graphics) can take some time and I need to put it in my proposals!) I will not be doing anything once they are created unless, of course, I get the call for help.

Wow sounds like quite the project! Congratulations. That would be very difficult to price. If it was me I'd be doing it on an hourly basis with a retainer upfront as it sounds like there will be a lot involved. Unless you have done these projects before than you might have an idea on how long it will take. The training manual alone is a huge project.

1 person likes this

I agree with Danielle. Put them on a monthly retainer to start with of 20 hours and go from there. If you use more then you'll have to charge them more and/or less then carry that monies over to the next month. It's a very difficult job to quote social media projects like that which are very specific to each client.