• Announcements

• tawnya sutherland

JOIN our groups on Facebook, Linkedin & G+ too!   04/05/2017

Here at the #VAforum is where you'll find me sharing my most valuable, in-depth 20+ years of VA experience and knowledge through my written word. It is the best area to get your questions directly answered in detail by me, Tawnya Sutherland as I come here every morning to start my day out helping Virtual Assistants however I can. I do also share in small bytes at other social networking groups I manage online so feel free to check me out there too: Facebook group for Virtual Assistants  Facebook group for Virtual Assistants to Stay Fit  Like our Facebook Page too Linkedin Group for Virtual Assistants (22,000+) Google+ Community for Virtual Assistants I look forward to engaging with you online whatever your social network.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonlea

Recruiting a client

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. 

I know of a business that is home based pretty much and I feel they may benefit from services I can offer. I would like to send them a letter or post card introducing myself and business but am stumped on the wording. Can someone send me an example I can go off of? I want this to be near perfect as this will be my first mailing to recruit a client.

Jason

jasonleach.va@gmail.com

1 person likes this

I've had post cards work well as a cold calling marketing technique. As well you can email them a introductory media kit package which could include many marketing/informational items like your brochure/postcard, your service offerings, testimonials, introductory letter, case studies, business protocols, etc.

What you put on the brochure/postcard really depends on your business niche, branding, personality, etc. I find humor grabs the readers attention. If you can make them smile sometimes you are a sure in ;)  Gimmicks work well too, ie) sending them a package of lifesavers (you can be their business lifesaver) together with your brochure grab attention and people remember you. Mailouts have a good ROI nowadays because people seldom get real snail mail anymore. Heck I read all mine whereas 20 years ago (before email spam) I hardly glanced through it.

1 person likes this

I remember one of my first impressions of Tawnya was her training on branding and personality. That absolutely got me hooked! For example, all the gimmicks you can do at networking events (juggling balls) or attaching a balloon to the letter and saying its time to celebrate.

Yes, I agree then. You may need a "hook" to intrigue them.

2 people like this