eselbach

Newbie VA from California

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My name is Elizabeth and I started Selbach Office Solutions a few months ago.  I'm still looking for that first client.  I'm going to local networking events and networking online.  I'm a general VA with a specialty in bookkeeping; I'm working on getting my QBO ProAdvisor certification.  My one big problem is a debilitating lack of confidence to go out there and let people know I exist, I feel my skills are just run of the mill.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

3 people like this

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to our network, great to see you introducing yourself and I look forward to getting to know you more through your participation here :)

I don't feel like your skills are run of the mill at all. You appear very "niched" in bookkeeping which is a great specialty skill to have as a VA. Focus on marketing your bookkeeping skills and you will do great in this business :)

2 people like this

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to this fantastic site! You have come to the right place for encouragement, advice and VA resources.

As a VA matchmaker, I can tell you that the QB Online Pro adviser certification is going to be so valuable for you! I receive
bookkeeping requests consistently and QB Online Pro is in great demand. When you are certified, do send me an
email as I will connect you with another VA who needs this service on her team.  

In the meantime, I encourage you to start slowly with marketing your business.  Do what is most comfortable.  Are you on FB?  if so, create a FB business page and start posting there. Use the icon in your signature and draw people in with value-centered posts.  Also, here on VA Networking there are people who need advice in bookkeeping so do peruse the site and help others out. I found that just being helpful opened up new relationships that helped to grow my business.  

Post back here with questions.  Tawnya and her fabulous VA, Danielle offer great direction and focus.  Check out Tawyna's programs here. She offers great free videos to help you get started.  

I look forward to hearing about your journey and chatting with you again.

Best,

Janine

3 people like this

Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to this big community. Its great to hear about your new business. I just want to say that you have to advertise your ownself to let people know about you. Try to start the process through social media sites like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc. Besides that you can use some freelancing sites like Upwork to show your work as well as to make other know about your skills.

2 people like this

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to VAnetworking! You've come to the right place to help get you going. I noticed you are a VAinsider, I just saw a payroll job come in you might want to go take a look at that. :)