tadolist

Professional insurance

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I am at the pre start up of my VA Business in the UK and looking into professional insurance.

After reading a lot on forums and websites only one keeps poping up : Policy Bee which offers professional indemnity, public liability (working from home do I really need one ?) and legal expenses insurances.  Can you please let me know if it is something that we Have to take ? 

Any advice are welcome 

Many thanks 

1 person likes this

Hi, I'm based in the UK and have been running my business since 2006.  I would definitely recommend Public Liability insurance as it will cover you for damages you may cause at a client's office or if they were to hurt themselves at your property (not probable I know, but that is what insurance is for - to cover you for the unexpected).  

Also, Professional Indemnity and Legal Expenses - whilst you may never need it and hopefully won't, it will give you peace of mind.   I have my insurance with Simply Business

Sheena 

1 person likes this

Hi Sheena,

Thank you so much for your advice and insurance tip, I highly appreciate. 

May I also ask you who you used regarding your T&C, contract (Agreement), Policy etc...as I find few online  that  i downloaded for free and also got the one from the Technie Mentor (but she is based in USA) 

As you have been VA for a while now, how does it feels for you, are you happy in your work? What would be your best advice to follow and Not to follow! 

I am really excited to start and finally have my own buisness (even though I do not have clients yet) 

Thank for your kindness and have a lovely day 

1 person likes this

Hiya and welcome! I don't have public liability insurance as I've never had a client in my home so don't feel that is necessary. What you really need is a firm contract stating which court any discrepancies would occur in, how your business protocols work (ie: are you responsible for client backup files, etc.).

There is a free independent contractor agreement you could use as a base to start with inside your FREE VA Member Lounge. It's more important I believe that you have a strong contract than business insurance. Most insurance companies around here at least won't even insure a small business from home.

1 person likes this

Hi Julian, Tawnya, 

Thank you very much for advice and link . I shall definitively join VA networking. 

Have a good day 

2 people like this