Sign in to follow this  
Leah_azurebat

Privacy Policy

I'm in the process of creating a privacy policy, terms of conditions, dislcaimer policy and disclosure policy. I wanted to know how does everyone else create their polices, do you use a free template or policy generator? Or do you create it yourself and have an attorney look it over before you have it on your own website?

I looked for information on privacy policy in the search box but the information that came up is several years old and most of the links in them no longer work. Also, I am not sure this is the right place to post this topic but the older posts asked about policies in General Discussions.

• Like 1

I first looked at what others were writing that were in the same business as me to see what they had written. Mine also includes my refund policies too. I then bought a standard template off the web that included many of the points I wanted (this was a few years ago now, not sure where I got it). I took it to my lawyer and had them look it over and edit. I don't think a VA needs to go to extremes like that but I was selling digital products too. 

I would just google it and find a template to start with and then add your wording if you think of extras to put in it that would affect your business.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll be selling any products in a long while, maybe in two years. I think I'll have a lawyer look over my policies in a year or so. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want to make sure I have all the polices I need for my website and that everything will run smoothly.

I'm interested in affiliate marketing and have read that you need a privacy policy and and a disclosure policy. I found a template generator for those two, I just need to work on my terms and conditions.

Sorry for the late reply, I found them on several blogs I follow and am learning from. In their blogging tips some of them mentioned www.freeprivacypolicy.com, disclosurepolicy.org, and privacypolicies.com.

• Like 1