samibee89

What laptop do i need?

Hi All

I am very new to all of this and i am needing to buy a new laptop to begin the process of setting up my VA business.

I am not sure exactly what I am going to need to do this so i was hoping i could get some help. My plan at the moment is to get this all set up over the next year while i am working in an office and hopefully start earning enough that i can do it as a full time job and be able to travel with it.

My plan is to begin by offering general admin duties and i think offer this on a voluntary basis to begin with so i can get some experience. I dont really know what kind of programs etc i am going to be needing or what kind of laptop.

I have been reading up about chromebooks as they are by far the cheapest option but i know all of the work is done online which i dont know if this will be an issue?

Hopefully someone will have some advice on what laptop or chromebook will be the best option.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I don't really have advice with regards to which laptop to buy but do test out the keyboard that it is sized appropriately for you and isn't difficult to type as you'll be using it all day. Also make sure you have a good amount of hard drive space. As far as programs you may need did you what the free video in your VA Member Lounge? It has a bunch of recommended free (and paid) programs you'll probably want to have. I'm also always using Microsoft Office Word/Excel. It also goes over pricing and marketing your business.

Your first step will probably be deciding what services (niche) you will offer then marketing same through a website. Here are  resources to get your website started.

• Like 1