Sign in to follow this  
markofapproval

I'm trying out Divi

Hey all,

I thought I'd try and take a peak at how Divi works. It has some nice featured like speedy page compilation. But I'm still a Beaver Buff lol

But while i prefer Beaver Builder, I see Divi is also cool and many VAs like it.

I'd love to know more about it and any highlights you can share on it. Is there any way to customise the header and footer? I also discovered they have a modules marketplace.

I'm seriously thinking of doing a comparison of page builders just for my own insatiable thirst for knowledge haha

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

You can pretty much do anything with Divi, especially if you know CSS.

You can do customer headers, footers etc. You can do landing pages which is handy, no expensive LeadPages program needed.
They also offer their added plugins like Bloom to help create sign up forms. But the builder also has it's own sign-up form.

Something I really like is being able to save modules/builder pieces into a library to use on other pages. Or you can make an item "global" so it will update on every page it's on when you update it once.

I like how they make it easy to have several different sidebars and you can put different ones on different pages creating more custom / targeted pages.

If you want to know anything else, let me know. 

They seem to be releasing updates so often that there's always a ton of more features and with each update, it gets easier to use for someone who doesn't know any coding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your input, Danielle. It's definitely a favourite among VAs.

I didn't realise you could create custom header and footers. I tried but couldn't find a menu widget that spanned horiztonally.

I guess I would have to write a bit of CSS to get that working. Anyway I'll keep on experimenting. I am getting the knack of it quickly.

Ironic that I'm learning it to help others haha but I learn WP things fast.

Incidentally, I just wrote a blog post on scoring page builders and started with Elementor here: https://markofapproval.com/review-of-elementor-wp/

• Like 2

I usually have to add some coding in places to get it looking how I want. But they keep adding more features to where my old code is no longer needed. I like that they are constantly improving it. But at the same time, it makes it more time-consuming because they keep adding features and you have to click all around when you could have easily just code that in. 

Hey Danielle/Tawnya,

I think I've worked out most of Divi LOL. I kind of like it. I feared I would haha.

One service I would like to add is a white label service for freelancers. I would probably urge them to use their own Divi license key but create website for them to onsell to their own clients. I'll post more in the insider area.

Thanks for your advice on Divi Danielle. One thing I like about what you said is you are getting to a point where you don't have to worry about coding because the user experience covers that. A huge innovative selling point for clients!

• Like 1

I love Divi and have been using it for years. It's definitely evolved over time as I'd been with Elegant Themes even before Divi was around! But you can do so much with it and while it's not the only thing I use, I find a lot of clients prefer it over most things, so I just go with it :)

• Like 1