buckeyeva

Any VA in Ohio?

Hello fellow Ohioans!

I've been a member since June and just found this thread - sorry I'm too late to contribute to the Expo. Can anyone update us as to if a group of VAs attended the Business Expo in Lorain - and your opinions on how the event worked out for you?

I am also in Tuscarawas County - but point myself more towards Stark County for networking opportunities.

I would love to attend a gathering of Ohio VAs - Cambridge is at the intersection of I-77 and I-70 - there are a few hotels right there which fulfill conference needs - as well as some finer restaurants for smaller meetings. Toronto would be an awesome opportunity in February - but unfortunately not in my budget as a newbie.

Merry Christmas!

Michele

Hi Michelle...Merry Christimas to you too!

Yeah I wish you would have found the thread earlier. I was the only Virtual Assistant to attend the Expo in Elyria/Lorain. Others contacted me regarding the Expo - but financially opted not to, others had other commitments / conflicts for the same day.

Very interesting I'd do it again. I did have a booth (sorry I didn't take a camera); I was like attending a family reunion and meeting people you never met before. As Family Reunion Recording Secretary, Family Historian and primary coorespondent...I was comfortable. I sat across from some PTAC and SBA dignataries at a luncheon...botching up my 30-sec elevator speech in the process, duh! Anyway I was expecting to hear them say, "you're a what?"...Instead, I heard these words, "NO, we know what Virtual Assistance is - but.....we didn't know there were any in this area." I asked them what they meant by this area. The reply? "Northern Ohio". I looked at all 4 of them and said, "Surprise! I'm not the only one". To them, anything north of Columbus is North. Apparently we are too quiet. I made enough noise that day for the GLIDE office to call me and attend a special program. Awesome! It's geat to be working with them as I grow my business.

I still have interest in getting together...Financially speaking...I am unable...that is something to aim for. If I had bucks to burn, and skills in webdesign (ha-ha)there would be a website for OH VAS...or if I think less expensive...a blog, where we all could post. I am planning on doing one for myself...my attention as been to training for LO (for extra contractor income) while I build the VA practice. I'll keep the Cambridge idea in mind...I haven't been there for awhile. I used to have distant relatives living there at one time.

To reach me off-board: eMail: eagle429@bright.net

Krista K Gable

Notary Eagle Professional Services LLC

Offsite Administrative Secretarial Innovative Support

http://www.notaryeagle.com

Hello fellow Ohioans!

I've been a member since June and just found this thread - sorry I'm too late to contribute to the Expo. Can anyone update us as to if a group of VAs attended the Business Expo in Lorain - and your opinions on how the event worked out for you?

I am also in Tuscarawas County - but point myself more towards Stark County for networking opportunities.

I would love to attend a gathering of Ohio VAs - Cambridge is at the intersection of I-77 and I-70 - there are a few hotels right there which fulfill conference needs - as well as some finer restaurants for smaller meetings. Toronto would be an awesome opportunity in February - but unfortunately not in my budget as a newbie.

Merry Christmas!

Michele

Hi all. I'm in Cleveland.

Whatever happened with the group getting together? I would like to meet some VAs from Ohio. I am also willing to drive to Columbus on a weekend.

I know that MI has a VA group. Maybe we can contact them to find out how they got their group started.

Angi.

Guest TerryGreen

Hi all ... I don't know how many of you are members of IVAA, but we are in the process of setting something up to get the Ohio VAs together. While it will be associated with IVAA, I don't believe you have to be a member to attend.

Another IVAA member and I are getting together this weekend to see what we can come up with. For now it will probably be held in the Columbus area, and will most likely be more of a "get to know you" type of get-together to start. I'm really hoping we get a lot of interest ... if we do, we can work out something to take turns for different areas to host the get-togethers, and can have them in areas other than Columbus so those of you out of the area won't have to always be the ones having to travel very far.

Just respond if you are interested and want to be notified when we figure out what we're doing. If you're an IVAA member, I'm sure we'll be posting something on the Yahoo Group, If not, then I'll need for you to indicate your interest here.

As I indicated in another post, I'm having a major "I need some face-to-face networking time" crisis, and am really looking forward to being able to get together with all of you great Ohio VAs.

Warmest regards,

Terry

Guest TerryGreen

Angi,

Once we get something worked out, I'll post here and let everyone know the details and how they can join us. There seem to be quite a few Ohio VAs now. There are several of us here that are fairly close to Columbus, as well as quite a few in the Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton and Toledo areas. If we can get something going on a regular basis, who knows ... we might even be able to swing a weekend mini-conference or something in Ohio. Wouldn't that be something!

Angi,

Once we get something worked out, I'll post here and let everyone know the details and how they can join us. There seem to be quite a few Ohio VAs now. There are several of us here that are fairly close to Columbus, as well as quite a few in the Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton and Toledo areas. If we can get something going on a regular basis, who knows ... we might even be able to swing a weekend mini-conference or something in Ohio. Wouldn't that be something!

With Terry now waving her magic wand :magic: I'm sure she'll be able to pull something together for you all to meet. Love ya Terry!

Terry will make it happen!

I am still interested...keep me in the loop...I'll work around my current work situation...as a CSR representative I can do that. I know I not available within the month of June....out of town commitments (same time every year). Since I do not do the driving...I have to leave when they leave and come back when they do. Normally home by the last week of June.

Angi and I are in Northern Ohio. Not sure if she is on the west side of Celveland or the East side of Cleveland...I am looking for a carpool.

Krista

Hi everyone,

I live in the Columbus area. I've been looking through posts on VANA for a few months now and had no idea this conversation was taking place. I am so glad that I saw this today and am soooo very excited about Ohio VAs getting together :thumbup: I'm new and still working on my website, among many other things.

I want to thank Terry and everyone else for taking the time to coordinate this event. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Miriam Swinehart

miriamswinehart@aol.com

info@anessistant.com

Guest Kris Henderson

Hello!

I'm new here.. I'm from Kentucky but not that far from Ohio ... well, sorta.. lol I'm a friend of Deidre Shockley.. I'll be in ohio sometime in mid Aug I think..

I'm 34 and married to a Baptist pastor here...