Sign in to follow this  
GulfBreezer

Remote Access Programs

I currently have PCAnywhere on my computer which I use with a local client but am looking for another alternative for remote clients who do not have this software. I have heard that LogMeIn is a good one (and free) but have never used a web based remote access program. How user friendly are they and which one is the best (and easiest :) )

I posted this here thinking it was the best fit for the topic.........

Guest Chai

I have used Logmein on several occasions. Not only is it free but I also can decide who gets to use it when.

Carrie

I have the Pro version of Logmein, and love it. I use it extensively in my paralegal practice, and I love the ability to print remotely, cut and paste from the remote computer to my laptop, fileshare, etc. I also use the desktop sharing feature regularly with my web clients -- it's a lot easier to talk someone through how to navigate an ecommerce system, or make changes to their CMS when you can both be looking at the same screen at the same time. They also have an active support forum if you run into glitches.

Even at full price, it's a bargain, but if you download the free trial, you'll usually get a coupon when the trial expires if you don't sign up right away ($20 off the full price when I did it).

Another vote for LogMeIn! I use the free version right now to get remote access to other computers (including accessing my own desktop when I'm away from home). The Pro version offers a lot of other features, including file sharing, etc. Definitely a great program and has been perfectly reliable for me.

Another vote for LogMeIn!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

I use Remote Desktop Connection through Windows XP Pro and absolutely LOVE it. It's free and I use it ALL the time. For one client I use Radmin 3.0 Remote Control (www.radmin.com), I loved the old version but the upgrade is even better. There's a one-time license that you need to purchase ($49 I think) which I like better than a monthly fee. My client didn't need to pay anything the server download is free (what your client would download) you just pay for the viewer side. Before using Remote Desktop I used this for my home computer also when working remotely (or from my living room). When I needed to set-up the server access I consulted with some techies and they urged me not to use LogMeIn or GoToMyPC for security reasons. They strongly suggested Radmin so I took their advice and have been extremely happy.

Definitely LogMeIn, I love it and I recommend it to all my clients. It is easy to use and very secure. Love It!