Tawnya Sutherland

Oprah Meets VANA Virtually Marketing Campaign

HUSH HUSH, still a secret!

I work for a publicist/media coach who helps many of her clients prepare and be on the Oprah Show.

It got me to thinking that VANA should meet Oprah so I started this Oprah Publicity Campaign. (Please note it is still in draft mode and copy has not been finalized yet which means feedback is appreciated still. I wanted to get VANA Members feedback). It will premier to the public in September.

I felt it was time Oprah learned about Virtual Assistants and what better way than having VANA offer her 1 years worth of FREE VA Services. My hope with this publicity campaign is to bring more awareness to the VA industry and to VANA.

I have a few hopes for this campaign and they are in no particular order as follows:

1. Oprah accepts my VA services proposal and I get to work with Oprah for a year. It would be a unique opportunity for any VA.

2. The O magazine does a story on Virtual Assistants.

3. Oprah invites VANA to be on her show. From VA members to clients who partner with VAs, who knows who they would ask to join on the show if it became a plausible storyline for them.

4. VANA members bond even closer with each other sharing in the excitement of this publicity campaign.

5. Our clients see us going that extra mile by letting them in on some of the publicity with a backlink to their websites by answering our Oprah Campaign question for Clients of VAs

6. Virtual Assistants get a decent backlink and some free advertising for their website by answering our Oprah Campaign question for VAs

If you would like to be a part of this campaign and help VANA out, please first of all go here and read all about it.

How you can help and participate:

I want as many answers as possible to questions #5 and #6 above. In appreciation for your answers, I will list your answer to Oprah plus your business name and url to your website. You never know, if we ever got chosen to be on a show, your answer may be the qualifying factor in you or your client being chosen to be a guest.

Thanks for all your help and support VANA Members and please share this opportunity with your clients, friends and colleagues.

Warmly,

Tawnya Sutherland

Guest Chai

Wow Tanya,

This is one of the goals on "My Secret" list. GMTA!!! I really hope that this does come through!!!

Carrie

Wow Tanya,

This is one of the goals on "My Secret" list. GMTA!!! I really hope that this does come through!!!

Carrie

Thats the amazing thing about inertia and believing in what you want...the opportunities eventually show themselves to help you towards your goals. Also, if you don't truly believe in something ie) your goals, you won't see the opportunities right infront of your eyes either ;)

I'm planning on being on Oprah one day. And to be more specific with my affirmation I plan on being on Oprah as an expert in something not for some drama I've created in my life. :naughty: I've had enough drama to last me a life time :whistlin:

Cool idea Tawnya!

Well, it would be really cool if Oprah takes note of us and invites a bunch of us plus maybe even some of clients onto the show...wouldn't that be coolios??

It will never happen if we don't ask ;)

Since I started my business, my uncle has been telling me that he can't wait to see me on the Oprah show! :) This is a great idea, Tawnya.

She is going to take you up on you offer - it is a fantastic topic for her show.

I cannot help as I do not even have my business near start-up but I am sure you will be on her show and I cannot wait to watch :)

Hi Tawnya,

I'm a member of Oprah's club, and they are constantly looking for new ideas (topics) for a show. So, I submitted the idea of Virtual Assistant as a topic. I submitted it right after Today's Show aired their VA piece. I submitted that interview as an attachment. Maybe your actions will shake things up!! :thumbup:

Rita

Hi Tawnya,

I'm a member of Oprah's club, and they are constantly looking for new ideas (topics) for a show. So, I submitted the idea of Virtual Assistant as a topic. I submitted it right after Today's Show aired their VA piece. I submitted that interview as an attachment. Maybe your actions will shake things up!! :thumbup:

Rita

I am a member of her club too and I am hoping so! I have a plane to submit a proposal to Oprah middle of September, once we have too our ducks in a row.

Once again, this VANA Oprah campaign has not been publicly aired yet. I only mentioned it to VANA members as an opportunity so they (and their clients) could answer the questions and be on the webpage before it is presented to Oprah. So if you haven't answered the questions yet, please do

You Rock Tawnya!!!!

I believe you are going to do this and do it big.

Guest Jorren Company

Tawnya, you're awesome!

Thank you for including all of us here at VANA! I'll keep my fingers crossed. :crossfingers:

Dusty

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.