Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nanner

Vonage

Guest Nanner

Does anyone else have trouble with the reception they get through Vonage? I make about 80 calls a day for a client and almost half of the people say my phone keeps cutting out. I have tried 4 different phones and even purchased a new one so I'm pretty sure it isn't my phone. It's so unprofessional to have to blame your phone when you are trying to conduct business.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, I may have to switch away from them.

Having said that, does anyone have any suggestions on other companies? I make a lot of international calls and need the cheap rates.

Thanks,

Nancy

I love Vonage and don't have any issues currently. However about two years ago I was experiencing issues similar to yours and I found out that there was a short in the router. I returned the router and received a new one and the issues were gone.

:thumbup:

Guest Nanner

Thanks Becki!

That never occurred to me. I'll call them today.

Have a great day.

Nancy

Guest Holly

Vonage doesn't work for everyone. Some rave about it and some would prefer that the company folded tomorrow because their service is so poor.

My cellular phone provider provides a VOIP service, which works excellent for me. My local landline company also provides a VOIP service. There are also cable and satellite TV companies who are offering this service. It definitely pays to check around locally as well as nationally.

Ask the provider if they can do a service check before you buy to see if and how well it work for you.

I hope this helps,

Holly

Guest Nanner

Holly,

That does help, thanks. Uh...what's VOIP?

:(

Nancy

I believe it's Voice Over Internet Protocol," but I could be wrong.

The corporation I work for is switching all telephone and service at all locations throughout Michigan to VoIP. One of the IT guys told me today that we may experience an echo, but on the other hand, VoIP should save the company over a million dollars a year in phone service.

Tena

Good Evening all! I'm new to VANA and I'm happy to see this is a networking site for VA's. I am an individual who happens to work in a complete telecommunications company and we do offer the technology known as VoIP, or Voice Over Internet Protocol which definatly allows oneself to make phone calls internationally at an outstanding quality! For those of you who don't know what VoIP is, it's simply allows oneself to make a phone call over the internet, and our product is the latest, and most clearest quality!

It's called XTREAM VOIP, by Lightyear Alliance! It's simply a virtual box that can be connected to the internet! That technology is transforming the way we make calls all over the world!

We also have a Virtual VoIP Card, whereas one may not need to access the internet connection such that anyone could connect to our virtual VoIP network in Louisville, KY, USA!

For more information, feel free to visit my website, and send me a message through my website:

Click Here!

Thanks!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nancy,

I had Vonage for a year and so did one of my clients and both of us had the same problem you were experiencing. I bought other equipment and he did as well, but they could never solve the problem for either of us. I went back to an AT&T land line for a while, which wasn't great either. I now have digital phone through my cable provider (Cox Communications) and have been very pleased with it.

Guest Holly
Holly,

That does help, thanks. Uh...what's VOIP?

:(

Nancy

Tena is correct. It stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol. It's the name for the technology that is used to provide the service. And it's exactly the technology that Vonage and other commercial providers use.

Wikipedia does a fairly good job of explaining the technology: Wikipedia: VoIP

And Wiki lists Voice Over IP providers: List of VoIP providers

If you Google VoIP or voice over Internet protocol, you will find an extensive list of providers. Hopefully, there will be one to suit you. I would check locally first because they will offer you the best connection. Try your ISP - Internet Service Provider.

Huh, I guess I did learn something at corporate!

Holly