Sign in to follow this  
frances.palaschuk@rogers.com

Would you reply to an email and offer tips

I received an email today from a real estate agent announcing his new blog and newsletter. This is an agent we had into our home when we were thinking about selling it recently. I guess he added me to his database.

Anyhow, I replied to his message stating I think it's great to have a blog and newsletter and pointed out the things I liked about each.

I also sent him a few tips on how to write a press release and where he could submit it for free and also mentioned a few more ways to get his blog working for his business yada yada...

My question is, is this appropriate?

Would anyone else take this as an opportunity to market themselves?

I think it is a great way to market your business. I have even gone as far as pointing out mistakes in business emails that have been sent to me. I have always received an appreciative response.

Hi Frances,

Absolutely appropriate! Not only have you marketed yourself, you have also done so very attractively...by giving the person something of value, free of charge. I would even go so far as encouraging you to stay in touch with this individual and ask if there is anyway you can support them in their business :D

My humble opinion B)

MLA

I think it is a great way to market your business. I have even gone as far as pointing out mistakes in business emails that have been sent to me. I have always received an appreciative response.

I was going to point out some mistakes and things that jumped right out at me but I didn't know if I would be overstepping my boundaries or not.

Thanks for your advice ~ next time I will.

Guest Arnie

Be careful.

Although a great idea and generally ok because you knew who you were speaking to, unsolicited comments can come back to haunt you. Have horror stories that could be told around the campfire.

I generally look at problem like these in the first person. Would I want someone to do this to me?