greycat111

website question

Hi all!

I am thinking about being able to have my clients to log-in to my website and to see the status of their project or other information related to each of them, which I will update regularly. The info should be confidential and available only to the right client, with others having no access to it. I hope they also will be able to print this info.

I don't know how is this feature called. If I knew the name I would google it and also check if my website host supports this option.

Would appreciate any help!

Greycat

Greycat,

My first thought is that you need password protection for part of your site. You can allow potential clients and "window shoppers" to access the public part of your site while giving clients access to specific information regarding their jobs.

If you want to Google this, I'd try "password protection" or something along those lines. I'm not as sure about printable pages, but hope this helps a little.!

Guest Vince
Greycat,

My first thought is that you need password protection for part of your site. You can allow potential clients and "window shoppers" to access the public part of your site while giving clients access to specific information regarding their jobs.

If you want to Google this, I'd try "password protection" or something along those lines. I'm not as sure about printable pages, but hope this helps a little.!

Well, I'll be honest with you! This can be accomplished with a simple Log in. I say simple, but the coding is a bit complex. I've developed in .asp with MS Access and SQL Server databases.

When someone Logs In, variables are created such as a username and/or account number. Using variables and forms will display the relevant information contained within the database. As for security, a specific account number can access information relevant to that account. You can also include different elements that will either be shown or hidden depending on their security level.

It's not that difficult to learn. I humbly state that, but I've had advanced classes. :)

Hope It Helps!