Savvy Associate

Time Tracking Software

Hi All,

I'm shopping around for a time tracking software and I'd like to know what you all are using and what you think is the best.

Looking forward to see what are the favorites!!

Cheers,

Stephanie

Guest ShelleyS

Hi Stephanie,

I use TraxTime and I really like it. I like that its free, too! I can create specific projects and then its as simple as starting the software for the day and clicking on the punch-in/punch/out button. I had MyHours, but my internet connection made it frustrating for me to have to go to the site, log in etc. I like that this is right handy on my desktop. Nice and quick!

Hi Stephanie,

Personally, I use myHours and really like the ease of use with setting up multi-clients with multi-projects and tasks. They have numerous options with regards to generating reports (basic timesheet by days, timesheet by project, work date grouped by project, timesheet by task and grouped by task). The reports really give you a unique view on what you spend your time on and can be exported to Excel and sent via email.

Best of all its free! Check it out: http://www.myhours.com/default.asp

Good luck!

Kate V. Kerans, Virtual Paralegal

Kerans Virtual Assistance More tasks than time? We can help.

Your Virtual Paralegal Blog

I'm using Time Tracker as well. Currently, I'm using the free version , but as soon as I can I am planning on purchasing the full version. I love the fact that I can switch between not just clients, but individual projects I may be doing for that client. And the fact that I can print out exactly how much time each project required is something the client loves, and gives me some information when estimating future projects for new clients.

~Tina

Guest Chai

I also use time tracker, I have it saved to my thumb drive, so I can use it no matter what computer I am on. It allows me to switch easily between clients and projects, then it creates reports in several formats, to include excell. It also allows me to create a "note" on each time frame as to what I actually did, so the client gets a detailed report.

The best feature of all is that each client is billed at their own rate, and I have a window that lets me know with a quick glance of where they are in regards to minutes used. I paid for the version and it was under $40.

Carrie

I track time on my Mac and use JobLog.

However, the developer has stopped working on it, so there will be no further updates and I will probably be looking for something else. However, for now this works great if you want to track time on your Mac :)

Just to let everyone know, that Ruth Martin won the TimeTracker off the VA Talk Show. She was the 7th emailer to email me. Oh and I also gave a free one to Sherra Scott who was the 6th emailer (I always feel sorry for the person who calls in right before the winner don't you? So she gets one too!).

Contest is over and thanks for you participation. Please check out our kind sponsor who donated this software for this contest, TimeTracker

vainsiders.jpg

This is my first post here! Go easy on me...

I'm using Complete Time Tracking. Its awesome. I think I tried out about 8 or 9 different programs and a couple of web sites but I liked how this is straight to the point - easy to use and always available. Good luck!

Cheers,

Alf