Tawnya Sutherland

Do You use SPAM verification software? Yes or No?

Do You use SPAM verification software?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone use that SPAM verification software ie) SpamArrest.com?

I can't stand it and I will tell you why. With 7,000 members here, I get a dozen or more of these a day that require me to click on an email to have my email accessible to them. Guess what? I don't click on them since it would be another 1/2 hour out of my day to get my email to you. So, if you ever wonder why I don't email you? That is why ;)

Plus, I can never read the security numbers to enter into the little box and anytime I do try, I get the numbers wrong!

My pet peeve for the day!

Guest TerryGreen

I used SpamArrest at one point a few years ago. I stopped using it because I heard so many people complaining about how much they hated to go through that extra step to get email to me. I really didn't want to tick of any prospects at the time, so I stopped using it. One of the things really hated about it is that your mail goes through the SpamArrest email server so you have to set it up in Outlook as an email account. It caused me more problems then because I wasn't that "savvy" with setting up email addresses, and it gave me fits trying to get things back to normal.

I have McAfee. This year, they didn't give me the option of just skipping spamkiller. So, I've disabled it and get little 'cues' that my computer isn't fully protected. Despite no Spamkiller, the junk/spam goes into the junk box of Outlook with very, very few exceptions.

I look through and empty the junk/bulk boxes. Sometimes (rarely) there is something in there that I want.

Greetings,

I presently have Zone Alarm and Avast on my computer for every day protection...and it does the trick...

As for having a "spamkiller".... nope...... The way I look at it, if I do not know from whom the email is from, it is just deleted...Or, it is already in my junk file...

Elenora

Generally there are 4 types Anti SPAM systems:

1. Server-based SPAM filtering software, for example: SpamAssasing, etc.

2. External SPAM filtering services, for example: SpamArrest, etc.

3. SPAM filtering module by your firewall-antivirus software before emails get to your email client (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Incredimail, Eudora, The Bat), for example: McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, Zone Alarm, etc.

4. SPAM filtering plug-in for your inbox of your email client, for example: InBoxer, SpamBully, etc.

Each system has their positive and negative side; anyone should make choice itself according his/her needs. To tell about all systems takes very long time, I just tell you my opinion. I agree with Tawnya and TerryGreen, to use 1st and 2nd systems are often uncomfortable for you and for your clients. I also find to use 3rd type system is not easy and reliable. So I prefer 4th type system as I do not receive more than 100 SPAMs per day. Also this system is also easy, reliable and controllable. I hope my experience will help you.

Have a nice weekend.

I use Cloudmark which integrates directly with Outlook and I love it (they also have a version that integrates with Express). I found that I was missing out on opportunities by using SpamArrest and another one that I can't remember the name of because of the verification process, so I switched. This software is fabulous and I rave about it any chance I get.

:thumbup:

Oh, I hate those ones "I'm sorry, I get so much spam and am too lazy to go through it myself that I'm making you do the work to be able to email me, so click this link, enter your name, address, social security number and why you are contacting me - spin around 3 times and recite the 3rd verse to the song of your choice. Now read the little letters in that impossibly screwed up box and type them in wrong 4 times before giving up"

"Oh and, I always have time for your referrals"

Grrr... I hate those things. Evil Evil Evil.

Get a good spam filter that doesn't make the sender work for it. I HATE those things. HATE them.

My favorite is mxlogic.com's email guard.

Guest Ink Think
My favorite is mxlogic.com's email guard.

Is that a Thunderbird plug-in?

Generally there are 4 types Anti SPAM systems:

1. Server-based SPAM filtering software, for example: SpamAssasing, etc.

2. External SPAM filtering services, for example: SpamArrest, etc.

3. SPAM filtering module by your firewall-antivirus software before emails get to your email client (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Incredimail, Eudora, The Bat), for example: McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, Zone Alarm, etc.

4. SPAM filtering plug-in for your inbox of your email client, for example: InBoxer, SpamBully, etc.

Each system has their positive and negative side; anyone should make choice itself according his/her needs. To tell about all systems takes very long time, I just tell you my opinion. I agree with Tawnya and TerryGreen, to use 1st and 2nd systems are often uncomfortable for you and for your clients. I also find to use 3rd type system is not easy and reliable. So I prefer 4th type system as I do not receive more than 100 SPAMs per day. Also this system is also easy, reliable and controllable. I hope my experience will help you.

Have a nice weekend.

Newton, I'm in love with you. :rolleyes: I can't believe you've only given us access to your mind 8 times. I want more!