Sign in to follow this  
topshelfva

Mail Error??

Tawnya:

I am not sure if anyone else is having a problem. I noticed today that at least 1/3 of the reply posts, when I hit the post reply button, I went to white error page that said there was a SMTP (I think) Mail Error. I then had to use my back button and hit the post reply button again. A couple times this cause my reply to be posted twice.

I just thought I would let you know. :)

ok, it just happened again and this is what it said:

Mail Error!

SMTP protocol failure!

Host: localhost

Return Code: 550

Return Msg: 550-Verification failed for 550-unrouteable mail domain "vanetoworking.com" 550 Sender verify failed

Invision Power Board Error:

Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel

The "vanetworking.com" is spelled incorrectly in the Error message, I'm not sure if this has something to do with it.

HTH

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer:

When Tawnya has a moment to breath again, I am sure she will be able to fix this. :) I think this type of problem is in her ball park because it probably has to do with a hosting or programing problem. That's outside of our administrator/moderator duties. :)

Yah Naomi, you're right there. I would have no clue how to fix this.

It's not really a big deal, just a couple of extra clicks. No hurry to resolve this, when Tawnya has time I'm sure she will be on top of it. In the mean time I'm deleting any duplicate posts that I find.

B)

Jennifer

Is it just me? This is the second time I have seen this today...

Mail Error!

SMTP protocol failure!

Host: localhost

Return Code: 550

Return Msg: 550-Verification failed for 550-unrouteable mail domain "vanetoworking.com" 550 Sender verify failed

Invision Power Board Error:

Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel

Wasn't sure if it was just me, or it is normal, or a problem. Figured I better check it out.

:unsure:

Opps! Guess I should have put that it has happened after posting, although the post has gone through.

Hi Dori! No it's not just you. A number of us are experiencing this problem. Please be patient as it is probably a server or programming problem that Tawnya will try to resolve as soon as she has a minute.

In the mean time what I am doing when I get the error is hit my "back" button and click "add reply" the post again. This however will result in a duplicate posting. I have been deleting these duplicate posts as I come across them.

HTH :flowers:

Jennifer

Hiya, I am working on this problem. What happened was that I was getting hordes of spam at my administrator email addy tawnya@mediamage.com (250+ per day) which is very annoying. So I thought I would just simply change my email addy to something else but it seems to have disrupted the forum a bit, gawd knows why! ;)

If you stay logged in all the time, you may want to log out and log in again to reset your settings.

Anyhow, working on it, please be patient and if all else fails, I will go back to the old email addy.

Tawnya

Ok, as of 1:25 Pacfic time today (April 23rd) let me know of any problems you may encounter. My error hopefully just in the typo. You may want to log out and log back in again, shutting IE (or whatever browser you are using) completely down to reset everything (or you can just clear your cache)

To clear cache:

1. Close all instances of IE except one.

2. Have website on another webpage besides our VANF forum.

3. Click TOOLS menu in IE and go to INTERNET OPTIONS.

4. Click on the GENERAL tab in the window that pops up.

5. Under TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES click the button that says DELETE FILES and then check the box off to DELETE ALL CONTENT OFFLINE in the little box that pops up.

6. Click OK

This will clear your cache. You should do this on a regular basis anyhow (once a week or whatever) if you surf the net a ton since the temporary files do take up your harddrive space.

Let me know if this works for everyone.

Tawnya

I think I have finally lost it...lol. When I posted to this thread earlier, there was no other posts on this topic. I started a new thread and everything. No I have to say that this is more strange then the errors. I have really gone and lost it I tell ya! :wacko: