Hi Everyone,

I know it has been a long time since I was able to post or even really visit this site, but I've been busy with my business. Anyway I'm in need of some advice from someone who is an expert with WordPerfect. Here is the problem, someone in my networking group has a client that uses WordPerfect for their letterhead, this firm would like to have a dropdown box that contains email addresses and whoever is sending the letter they can just click on their email and insert it into the letterhead. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so can you send me instructions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Hi

Good to see you here! I don't know your answer sorry. But I sure am curious. Does anyone use Word Perfect? I'd love to get a quote from someone for a press release I'm doing for my Corel/Wordperfect Virtual Assistant Solution Pack Book if you do. Please email me.

OOOH, the good ole' days of WordPerfect 5.0 ... those where the days.

OOOH, the good ole' days of WordPerfect 5.0 ... those where the days.

Wordperfect is what I learned on. F10 to save, and I don't even remember the rest. I used to have a keyboard template with cutouts for the keys so I could place it on the keyboard and not have to remember what each key did.

1737796371_e485f77938_m.jpg

In WORD, this might be accomplished with a form/drop down. But, it seems to me that after you decide to email from the word processing program,the email client takes over, so the drop down or list would be from there.

I would start with a sample email to see what happens there. Outlook has a drop down/auto recognize system that can be a real pia when I get a wrong email address into it. Takes it FOREVER to forget that one; I have to be really careful which ones I select until the wrong address is forgotten. If the people on the drop down have anything in common, such as the dot.com part of the address, the auto recognize system will turn them up and the right ones can be selected.

Always look twice or thrice -- referring to another thread about sending email to the wrong person.

Before WORD came along, WordPerfect was the way to go. I loved it, but then it became kind of clumsy compared to the stuff I could get WORD to do. So much is dependent upon what one gets used to doing, though. There are just enough subtle differences to make one feel clumsy when going back and forth. ANYTHING beats typing with carbon sheets over and over! Even MS WORKS.

I love Word Perfect and that is ALL I use unless I'm forced to do something in Word. You can set up a mailmerge type thing where you come to the spot to enter the info and it will stop and ask you what to put in. There's no drop down list that I know of. And, as with the previous comment, when you're doing an email type thing, it reverts to the email program. What I do is use a 2nd software, called ACT!, that allows you to work with WP in creating the letters, etc. but keeps all the info in ACT. That has a drop down and it works great. I love it and have been using this format for many years.

Good luck.

Nancy

I love Word Perfect and that is ALL I use unless I'm forced to do something in Word. You can set up a mailmerge type thing where you come to the spot to enter the info and it will stop and ask you what to put in. There's no drop down list that I know of. And, as with the previous comment, when you're doing an email type thing, it reverts to the email program. What I do is use a 2nd software, called ACT!, that allows you to work with WP in creating the letters, etc. but keeps all the info in ACT. That has a drop down and it works great. I love it and have been using this format for many years.

Good luck.

Nancy

What Nancy does with WP and ACT is what the WORD user would do with Outlook or ACT or others.

In a mail merge, you just have to know the user. I've not done it, but perhaps you can select recipients to address outside the original address file. If they are working in a letter, it seems they need a template that could have a dropdown. That way, possibly, a letter could be sent to Joe, but leave out Tom and Dick and Harry. Or sent to Joe, changed a bit and sent to Tom, by choice even though the four would be part of a 'distribution group'. Have they looked into Constant Contact?