I've put together a template for all our VANA ebooks and I'm having a formatting issue with the template which is driving me nutzo. I cannot figure out why on page 2, you will see after the 1st line there is this large space. It is like the template is making a double space on the top line. Can anyone figure this out for me? I've done everything and just can't fix this. I am thinking it is not a style issue but something maybe in the page template itself.

I'd really like to get these ebooks released this weekend for VANA members but this little peeve is preventing me from going further.

If you could have a look at it and tell me what to do to fix this I would be forever grateful ;)

Warmly,

Tawnya

VANAebookTemplate.doc

Guest Jorren Company
It is like the template is making a double space on the top line.

You can correct the space above the top line by positioning the insertion point in front of "Welcome" and backspace one time. From what I can see on the template there isn't any other large spaces.

Dusty

That "space" is on all the pages. It is after the second line on page 2 and you can't see it on page 1 because of the graphic. I haven't figured it out, YET!

Tawnya,

Click File, Page Setup, Margins, and go to Top margin. Type in -.75 (a hyphen followed by 3/4"). Does this accomplish what you are looking for?

Try this:

Didn't work Patty, it is still there if you go to page 2 and put a blank enter line at top.

This is very disturbing and I am now offering a month's free Bronze advertising to whoever can tell me FIRST how to fix this. I have 4 other ebooks using this template so need to know the steps (how) to actually fix it so I can fix the other ones.

Thanks!

That "space" is on all the pages. It is after the second line on page 2 and you can't see it on page 1 because of the graphic. I haven't figured it out, YET!

You are right Darrel and it is driving me whacko :blink:

Bonjour,

I had a look at your template, and here is what I did:

1- Changed the Style to no spacing.

2- Re-ajusted the line spacing to 1.5, now this could also be changed to 2.0 depending on the format that you want.

As far as I can see the "extra space" is gone.

Elenora

Vanaebook_template.doc

Guest Jorren Company

Adjust the margin, using the rule to the right and slightly adjust the header box. Next change the paragraphs to single space it should fix it.

Dusty

VANAebook_Template.doc

Adjust the margin, using the rule to the right and slightly adjust the header box. Next change the paragraphs to single space it should fix it.

Dusty

VANAebook_Template.doc

Yes, but I want 1.5 spacing and as soon as I put that in, it goes back to having this odd return in it.

Bonjour,

I had a look at your template, and here is what I did:

1- Changed the Style to no spacing.

2- Re-ajusted the line spacing to 1.5, now this could also be changed to 2.0 depending on the format that you want.

As far as I can see the "extra space" is gone.

Elenora

Vanaebook_template.doc

I can't seem to download your template you uploaded, keep getting an error, can you please reupload it? Now, I need to know how to change the style to no spacing as you mention in #1. I don't know how to do this, can you be more detailed in steps? Thanks ;)

Also, I adjusted to 1.5 spacing but you can still see a slight return of some sort in the second line.

Guest Jorren Company
Now, I need to know how to change the style to no spacing as you mention in #1.

You can adjust the sytle to no spacing by following either of these steps:

>Format>Styles and Formatting>Scroll down and choose Normal

or

>Format>Paragraph>Under Spacing choose line spacing, from the drop down box select single.

This may help with the style for no spacing.

Dusty

Tawnya, when I downloaded the template and selected edit so it would open in my Word (2003) I selected Reval All Format Codes by Format, Reveal and then when the box on the right opens at the bottom there is a Reveal All Codes.

It shows the theParagraph marks in Black BUT it also has a GOLD paragraph marker on Page two and Page Four. I backspaced to delete those and I eliminated the space I think but I am not sure how to upload it here to show you.....