Good afternoon,

Ok, I downloaded the template again, and made sure it was saved in the 97-2003 format for word, for uploading.

1- "Select" (if that is the term!!) all of your text.

2- Go to the "Styles" section, and use the Clear All option, this will remove any previous formating.

3- All of the text "selected" will move up. (keep the text selected)

4- Decide which font you want to use, in this case I used Verdana 10.

5- Go to the line spacing, and change your spacing to 1.5.

Your text will move back down, and you will have an even 1.5 spacing between all sentences.

Did it work???

Elenora

Vanaebook_Template_2.doc

Tawnya,

I have tried to get rid of this extra space. I can't figure it out. I did come up with a couple of options and have emailed them to you. Do you have any other frustrating tasks for us?

Guest Jorren Company

Hi Tawyna,

If you're still trying to fix the template, I've attached a copy with adjusted spacing. Hope this is works.

Dusty

VANAebook_Template.doc

VANAebookTemplate_edited_by_CAM.doc

I've put together a template for all our VANA ebooks and I'm having a formatting issue with the template which is driving me nutzo. I cannot figure out why on page 2, you will see after the 1st line there is this large space. It is like the template is making a double space on the top line. Can anyone figure this out for me? I've done everything and just can't fix this. I am thinking it is not a style issue but something maybe in the page template itself.

I'd really like to get these ebooks released this weekend for VANA members but this little peeve is preventing me from going further.

If you could have a look at it and tell me what to do to fix this I would be forever grateful ;)

Warmly,

Tawnya

Tawnya,

I made a change to your template, is this what you wanted? If so, I will recreate it and write down the exact steps I took.

Connie Moseley

Hi Tawnya,

Try this - I removed the page break and inserted a "section next page break" instead. Then I was able to remove the extra hard return without effecting the line spacing. Let me know if this works for you. I also did the same on a 2nd page just prior to the TOC.

Janice

P.S. I'm not able to reload the file because I currently only have 6k as Maximum single upload. Perhaps I can email the file to you?

Tawnya,

Click File, Page Setup, Margins, and go to Top margin. Type in -.75 (a hyphen followed by 3/4"). Does this accomplish what you are looking for?

Unfortunately, no...it just moved the line space lower into the paragraph.

Hi Tawnya,

Try this - I removed the page break and inserted a "section next page break" instead. Then I was able to remove the extra hard return without effecting the line spacing. Let me know if this works for you. I also did the same on a 2nd page just prior to the TOC.

Janice

P.S. I'm not able to reload the file because I currently only have 6k as Maximum single upload. Perhaps I can email the file to you?

Didn't work either unfortunately.

Bonjour,

I had a look at your template, and here is what I did:

1- Changed the Style to no spacing.

2- Re-ajusted the line spacing to 1.5, now this could also be changed to 2.0 depending on the format that you want.

As far as I can see the "extra space" is gone.

Elenora

Vanaebook_template.doc

Didn't work either. Man this is a frustrating problem ;)

Now, I need to know how to change the style to no spacing as you mention in #1.

You can adjust the sytle to no spacing by following either of these steps:

>Format>Styles and Formatting>Scroll down and choose Normal

or

>Format>Paragraph>Under Spacing choose line spacing, from the drop down box select single.

This may help with the style for no spacing.

Dusty

Nope, it is already set to normal and didn't help...so weird this is! It happens at the top of every page, it almost a glitch of some sort.

Darrel sent me a whole new template that seems to resolve my problem so I am just going to copy and paste all the content into the new template. I was hoping to just find a way to fix the template but so far no luck.

Thanks Darrel and please contact me about your free advertising for a month here at VANA ;)

I wish one of us had come up with a better solution. Thank you for the month of advertising.