CMJ Office

What is your average website hit each day?

I am kind of curious as to what the average daily hit/view on a website is?

It has become a daily event that my 7 year old enjoys. He likes to know how many people have viewed my website. So, every night we sit and check. This got me thinking. What is the average hit per day for websites that are maintained by VA's?

Thanks for your answers,

Colleen :whistlin: ----My 3 year old picked out this smiley!

I was wondering the same thing lately. My average is about 15 visits a day. This seems extremely low to me, but my website has only been up for about 10 months.

Mine is on target with Darrell's. My average per day really fluctuations. The most hits I had so far in one day is 121. It just depends on when I post new articles to my blog, if I have any marketing campaigns running, if I join a blog carnival. These hits are all unpaid hits tracked through Google Analytics. My site is new as well - I think since about Aug 07.

I sometimes wonder what type of traffic I would get if I didn't have a blog...

What is the process to check how the number of visits a website is getting in a day? (Or is this something informal via a 'counter' on the site).

Elizabeth

I use Google Analytics. You just add a piece of code to your site and you can find out how many people come to your site and a bunch of other stats about your site.

I was hoping that I wouldn't be hiding my head in shame. Thank God I'm not. I'm right on target with everyone else. I am a new site as well. I've only been up since October. I use Yahoo to check how many visitors I've had. I am kind of curious as to EBanister's process. How are you getting that many visitors to your site daily? Have you been up and running for awhile? Curious. Sounds like you are excelling.

I have improved since I started blogging.

I was wondering the same thing lately. My average is about 15 visits a day. This seems extremely low to me, but my website has only been up for about 10 months.

Just low, Darrell? How about none? I am still needing to set up my website altogether. :whistlin: I am interested in trying out doing affiliate virtual assistant information onto my website or web log for now until I am ready to move forward. I am just continuing to collect information, read, absorb, sign up for an VA internship of some sort, and eventually open shop.

So I am too interested in finding out how to count who visits my site.

Interested topic.

Delilah Smith

My site has been up since 2004.

I have an article submission list (http://www.trinityjacobs.com/article-submission-sites.html) that gets a lot of traffic, and my newsletter page gets good traffic because of the bonus. I do have a blog with a pretty decent RSS readership, but I don't update it often enough for it to figure into my overall traffic.

Of course, it fluctuates a bit, depending on my marketing... but it's been pretty steady at about this rate.

Great question, Colleen! :)

Your post piqued my curiosity, so I checked my web stats for the past 6 months, and my site (which has been up since 2006) receives anywhere from 11 to 229 unique visitors per day. The average number of unique visitors is 61.

Keep in mind that I host the archived issues of my Weekly Grammar Tips newsletter on my website, and the vast majority of my web traffic comes from people who are searching Google for answers to their grammar questions. A small percentage of these people then sign up for my newsletter. However, this relatively high number of unique visitors doesn't necessarily convert to new clients very well. If you think about it, most people who are searching for grammar advice on the Internet (a method which has largely replaced an old-fashioned dictionary search) aren't necessarily in the market for virtual assistance or proofreading/editing services. Nevertheless, it's still fun to dig into my web stats to find out what search terms people are using before landing on my site. Pretty cool! :thumbup:

By the way, I use StatCounter and Google Analytics to keep track of my web traffic. It's really as simple as generating a code and inserting it into your web pages.

Hope this helps!

Angela

I use the 1and1 stats for the sites I have there and it is intriguing to go there and watch. I have stat counter on other sites, which will tell you more than you would think, like where the hit comes from --as in a search or by someone who kind of knew what they were looking for.

My sites are getting increased traffic over time. I think the sites with blogs that are self-hosted get better action.

My average is 11 unique visitors/day, since July 9 when I first set up my site. It averages about 22 total visitors/day.