CMJ Office

What is your average website hit each day?

Candy,

It looks llike you get an average of 218 hits a day. It doesn't really say how many of these are unique hits per day.

My average unique visits per day last month was 387 with a max of 495. The hits average 217,805 per month (whatever that means).

Carolyn Nelson

I use the 1and1 stats for the sites I have there and it is intriguing to go there and watch. I have stat counter on other sites, which will tell you more than you would think, like where the hit comes from --as in a search or by someone who kind of knew what they were looking for.

My sites are getting increased traffic over time. I think the sites with blogs that are self-hosted get better action.

I also use 1and1 stats. This month (Jan.), it looks like mine has gotten anywhere from 20 - 50 unique visits per day. I guess my site has been up since last March, maybe? I update it on occasion as needed. There's this other "quantifying-type" website where you can view website info called Quantcast. I think it's similar to Google Analytics, & it gives some very detailed & interesting traffic data which is pretty cool (you have to create a free account & then take their code & add it to your site, which I haven't done).

I think it's important to submit your site to all the major search engines, & 1and1 has it's own submission tool which is nice. SelfPromotion.com is a fantastic tool. Social bookmarking is important too, along with whatever else you can think of in order to get your site exposed. :) I haven't made too much of an effort yet, but it's nice to see I'm getting some traffic at least! My business has come from people I already knew & referrals though - nothing off the site yet except some wacko-inquiries or spam-type messages. :rolleyes::)