xpress assistant

Update/Quick poll

Hello, everyone! I've been MIA for a while but wanted to check in and update: I've acquired 2 new attorney clients who are utilizing my billing services and I LOVE what I'm doing! I'd like to keep improving my business and I'd like to invest in more software to increase the options. I wanted to post a poll but perhaps that's no longer an option?? Anyway, I'm wondering:

What are your attorneys using for billing software? Timeslips? Quickbooks? Time/Billing Matters? Something else? Also, any feedback, comments or suggestions would be appreciated. (FYI - I'm currently using Timeslips)

Thanks and enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Kirstie

Somehow I missed this post before.

I'm a Timeslips person. I haven't used the other programs, and I really don't want to do the billings, but I will if the client absolutely insists on it.

I'd rather do the meat & potatoes stuff - research, writing, client contact, discovery answers, etc., even marketing and client care.

I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I have some possibles contact me about billing.

Guest Full Service VA

The majority of my attorney clients use PC Law for time tracking and billing.

I hope this helps.

Hi Kirstie,

I missed this post earlier, too, sorry! The last firm I worked for used Esilaw, but the lawyers actually keep a paper record of time billed and the office manager then enters their time into the system. One of my other clients uses Time Matters.

Hope that helps!

Hi Kirstie:

Sorry I missed this - I thought you would have posted an update to the original thread. Congrats on the two new clients. I just finished touring LegalTech NY and Timlslips, PC Law and TimeMatters seem to be the fore-runners on billing software.

I also attended a dinner and gave a away a Time and Billing Toolbox for the Legal Profession - a book that was written by Jeannine O'Connell of Time Billers, Inc. (I had given you her name when you were first starting out as she's the only other person I knew of at the time who does virtual attorney billing successfully).

By the way, if you have ever run across a client who needs to understand the billing process - this is the book for them! From how to word descriptions so clients will pay invoices to why things are done a certain way, Jeannine provides a complete education for just about $50.

If you're on Facebook and want to see some pictures from the dinner (although not very flattering of me, of course!): http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=667285655

Do keep me posted (on and off board) about your doings. Also, I'd love to highlight your practice in an upcoming newsletter - give me a call anytime: 888-255-5266.

Congratulations!

The attorneys that I work for use TimeSlips. They like the TSTimer function. They can have several timers open and switch between client timers. I wouldn't use QuickBooks because of the manual entries. TimeSlips does have a function where it will "synchronize" with QuickBooks. I've briefly looked into this feature and haven't tried it. It doesn't upload any detail into QuickBooks, just AR and AP totals.

There is also a TimeSlips Remote function that I really like, too. This allows for several attorneys to be working on their own computer and logging their own time. Just before I am ready to send out invoices, they email me their Remote file, I then synchronize it with my Main TimeSlips database, and produce invoices.

I've had a few solo and small practices ask about PC Law.