Sign in to follow this  
frances.palaschuk@rogers.com

What do you want to know most about potential clients?

What is the #1 question you would ask a potential client?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is just a fun poll to find out which question would be the first that VAs would want to know about potential clients.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what potential clients are actually thinking?

What about existing clients? Have you ever asked them these questions?

If we could build an ideal client profile for each of us, what would it look like?

Usually, when I'm contacting a potential client, I have a general idea of what they want/need, so I can lead in with that. After that I ask them if there's anything else that they can think of off the top of their head they might want help with. If they seem stuck for an answer, I start just asking them questions - what do you do first thing in the morning? What do you WISH you could do first thing in the morning? What do you have to do every day that if someone could magically take that away, what would it be?

Those usually get them talking and then I pull up my client worksheet and start filling in the blanks. We don't talk about money off the bat, unless the client brings it up. I address it in my follow-up email outlining our conversation, what they would like done, and then I quote what my pricing is for what they want.

I try to find out where they want to be in five years, and then I try to nudge them towards those goals. I have found that this fosters the "partnership" that I want with my clients. I also keep an eye on current events/ news stories, and forward those to my client if it pertains to their goals.

I also like to find out their communication style, are they into the details, or want a broader approach? I don't want to bog them down with info if they're not interested.

Interesting to hear what others have to say!

Cheryl

Solvency is important,but it doesn't seem professional to hit them with that. Usually,I don't have to ask because they want to know from my direction. If they accept too soon, was I charging too little?