I did a press release for one of my clients for a local event they are doing in 2 weeks and it got printed by the local paper! Woo Hoo! We didn't even know they were going to do anything with it (came out in the paper today). The client called me and told me she thought it got printed because someone told her about it. She ran to get a paper (neither of us subscribe to that paper) and sure enough there it was! Now I have to go to the library tomorrow to read it! Woo Hoo! My first published press release (that I know of)!

I'd make a copy at the library of the article and scan it and put it in your "media" or "press" section online. Or in "what we've done for clients" - at the very least NOW is the time to ask that client for a testimonial for your website!

Congratulations!

Jenn - good thinking!!!

Sherra, very exciting for you. Nice work!!!

I did a press release for one of my clients for a local event they are doing in 2 weeks and it got printed by the local paper! Woo Hoo! We didn't even know they were going to do anything with it (came out in the paper today). The client called me and told me she thought it got printed because someone told her about it. She ran to get a paper (neither of us subscribe to that paper) and sure enough there it was! Now I have to go to the library tomorrow to read it! Woo Hoo! My first published press release (that I know of)!

Way to go :thumbup:

Hi

Congratulations! Isn't that the most awesome feeling. I'd definitely ask if you can add it to your site too as a testimonal to your writing capabilities.

You probably already do this, but I always do a Google Alert for the title of my press releases in quotes. That way I can see where they are posted online. It's not full proof, but it does help. Sometimes with local papers it won't appear, but if another paper might have picked it up, it can show.

Way to go!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.