Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delady

Associate VA's

Guest Delady

Thanks for the suggestions Michelle! They were all great and made me think about the concept differently...I had been thinking in terms of people who already have experience with working virtually.

In your experience with your Client Service Manager, did you have to "train" her on working virtually or were you hesitate in hiring her in any way? Also, what type of things do you do, if any, with your Associates? For instance, do you have team building sessions, or any other type of gatherings outside the expected team status meetings?

Sorry for all the questions, but my mind is on overload right now :D

Thank you, Michelle! Two times, thank you! :D

Delady, you are on a roll! Keep up the great questions that we all would like to know the answers to!

Kim

Guest Delady
Thank you, Michelle! Two times, thank you! :D

Delady, you are on a roll! Keep up the great questions that we all would like to know the answers to!

Kim

Thanks Kim, I'll be careful not to monopolize the topic though :blush:

Hi Everyone,

I split the thread up since it seemed we were getting a little long...so let's continue the Associate conversation here. Delady, to answer your question regarding my Client Service Manager, I was not in the least bit hesitant in hiring her. I remind myself in these instances, that I too had to learn how to work virtually. I believe if you find the right person, someone who is really enthusiastic about applying their skills from home, it can defintely work. My case is one such case that worked out extremely well.

In terms of Associate management, I like to be in communication with my Associates on a weekly basis. A phone call to "check in" once a week is something I recommend. I also ask my Associates to send me Friday status reports. Then of course we always have a team meeting - normally once a month. My Associates also keep in touch with one another on a weekly basis. It's all about team work and knowledge sharing.

Warmly,

Michelle

Guest Delady

I'm glad it worked well for you Michelle.

I'm planning on purchasing your e-book on the Multi-Va business soon, so while I may have more questions later, thank you so much for being willing to answer those posted here...

:thumbup: Continued success in your practice!

I'm just expanding into the multi-VA business. My first associate has never worked as a VA. She has worked virtually as a sales person. So she looks to me alot for guidance on the VA aspects. However, she is a former marketing director and is helping with marketing (unlike the typical associate) so she is really bringing a great new skill set.

-Karen

This forum is very helpful esp to those who are new in the business like me!

I also started to expand my virtual assistant business and decided to hire another VA. She haven't worked as a VA before so I am still training her. Since I still consider myself new to the business, I just want to ask any tips on marketing or advertising a multi-VA business? What are the tools that you would suggest in project management? Since I am an offshore VA, I am thinking of promoting my services to other onshore VA's who would like to sub-contract, do you think that's okay?

I would really appreciate your help!

Ella

This forum is very helpful esp to those who are new in the business like me!

I also started to expand my virtual assistant business and decided to hire another VA. She haven't worked as a VA before so I am still training her. Since I still consider myself new to the business, I just want to ask any tips on marketing or advertising a multi-VA business? What are the tools that you would suggest in project management? Since I am an offshore VA, I am thinking of promoting my services to other onshore VA's who would like to sub-contract, do you think that's okay?

I would really appreciate your help!

Ella

Ella, I have removed your URL from your post. If you read our forum rules, you'll note that only VAinsiders are allowed to post their URL in their signatures.

As for how to market a VA business, I highly suggest investing in Michelle's book or take her course to learn more about that or even hire her to coach you in this area. Michelle is a volunteer here only and nowhere do we ask her to give away all her trade secrets although she does give away many of them to us and thank you Michelle! Our volunteers only have so much time allotted to helping us here and we thank them kindly for what they do share with us! I do believe however, that marketing a multi-VA business would be similar to marketing a normal VA business and there is a marketing section at our forum here that you can possibly find some of your answers too. Also do a search on some keywords in marketing that might answer your questions and you will find many posts on the subjects.

Enjoy the forum!

Tawnya

I purchased Michelle's book last week, and read the whole thing in one sitting as soon as I opened it! I plan to take her course when I have an opportunity.

Michelle, will your Multi-VA course be ongoing?

Thank you!

Kim

Guest Delady

I've also purchased Michelle's book (Multi-VA Business) and read it in one night! It was great.

Thanks Michelle! You give GREAT information!

Thanks Delady, I'm glad you like the book.

Kim, yes the course is ongoing, group of classes will start in April 7th! We'd love to have you!

Warmly,

Michelle

Ella, I have removed your URL from your post. If you read our forum rules, you'll note that only VAinsiders are allowed to post their URL in their signatures.

As for how to market a VA business, I highly suggest investing in Michelle's book or take her course to learn more about that or even hire her to coach you in this area. Michelle is a volunteer here only and nowhere do we ask her to give away all her trade secrets although she does give away many of them to us and thank you Michelle! Our volunteers only have so much time allotted to helping us here and we thank them kindly for what they do share with us! I do believe however, that marketing a multi-VA business would be similar to marketing a normal VA business and there is a marketing section at our forum here that you can possibly find some of your answers too. Also do a search on some keywords in marketing that might answer your questions and you will find many posts on the subjects.

Enjoy the forum!

Tawnya

Hi Tawnya, sorry about the URL, don't worry I understand.

I will go ahead and check out Michelle's book... thanks for the tip! I am definitely enjoying the this forum. I plan to joing the weekly teleseminars as well.

Thanks!

Ella