mjva

Team/Project Management Tool

Hi Everyone,

There is a really useful project/team management online tool called Client Spot - http://www.myclientspot.com.

I've tested it and I'm really considering using it full time.

I'd love to hear if any other Multi-VA owners are using this tool or any other software/tool for collaboration and team management.

Warmly,

Michelle

Guest TerryGreen

Hi Michelle,

I use BaseCamp to manage my clients and my team, and absolutely love it. I can add my associates to client projects as needed, add them to the system so they can access all of my clients, and set up projects for them as a team and individually. There are milestones and to-do lists that work very well too. Once I started using BaseCamp, it made it made it very easy to delegate work to my associates. I love it.

We also use clientspot with my team. We've tried it for the past 30 days. So far it works great for all of us. Though we are still trying to test other services as well.

Ella

It looks great Michelle. Now that some time has passed, what do you think about the tool?

I use BaseCamp and it never lets me down.

Love the milestone and to-dos the best :)

Karri

Michelle,

I really like client spot...they have a really easy to use time keeping feature which I love. It doesn't have a load of bells and whistles, but quite honestly that's what I love about it...the simplicity of it.

I'm just a simple girl --okay that didn't come out right, you know what I mean :whistlin:

Michelle

I really like client spot...they have a really easy to use time keeping feature which I love. It doesn't have a load of bells and whistles, but quite honestly that's what I love about it...the simplicity of it.

Hi, Michelle:

I am a Project Manager for a Multi VA business and we've been using Clientspot for a couple of months. We love it. I've done a lot of research on different project management platforms and I've found this one to be the easiest and simplest to work with. Simple is definitely the way to go for us - especially if we want clients to use the system (some of which are not very technically inclined.)

The only thing I've found that can be a bit tricky is permissions for subs or associates. If you add them under the main account they are able to see all of the projects. That may or may not work for some people. It's best to just add the associate to the specific client you want them to work with only. Aside from that, I think it works great and I would recommend it fully.

Victoria Santiago

This is a great update Victoria, thank you. I have been testing Clientspot since I read about it here. For some time we have been using Sharepoint and Timestamp, but I think we will be moving to Clientpot. It really does have everything I need

I've been testing multiple tools for a while now and one of them is ClientSpot. So far, ClientSpot is the best fit (for me).

Miriam

I use both Basecamp and Clientspot, and both are great. I would have to say that Basecamp probably offers a few more options, but it's a little pricier, so it's a trade-off.

The only problem I've ever had with Clientspot was that when I uploaded an mp3 file for transcription, I couldn't figure out how to download it off the site again. But other file types were fine, so that may have been me!

Rebecca

Guest Full Service VA

I have been testing out Client Spot since Michelle recommended it. It has been great for me and my team. I love how it keeps track of retainer hours. My clients can login at any time, and see how many hours he/she has remaining! I still use Time59.com to manage invoices and retainer payments.

I've been using ClientSpot for the last few months and LOVE it and they have great customer service. Unfortunately though I thin I grew out of ClientSpot. I've recently made the switch to BaseCamp. BaseCamp was able to handle my level of detail and communication needed for some projects that ClientSpot was not able to. However, the time keeping feature in ClientSpot seems to be much better than the one in BaseCamp. And the tasks in ClientSpot let you assign a due date to them, BaseCamp does not. So basically I am not using the tasks feature because I need a due date assigned to my tasks so what I am doing is putting the tasks in as milestones.

Here is where the problem comes in: the milestones let me assign a due date but they do not allow me to track time... and I need to track my teams time in real time so I don't accidentally go over on any retainers. The only workaround we came up with was entering a task in as a milestone with the due date and under that milestone entering it in again as a task so my team can track their time there. When a team member finishes a task they now have to check off the task and the milestone... kind of annoying.

Basecamp users! What do you do? How do you track your teams time? Do you have a better way of doing this? :wacko: