Hi everyone,

I realize this topic is over a year old, but I just found it and was wondering if there was a similar program in the US that I might be able to locate.

I live in Central Florida, between Orlando and Ocala.

Thank you for your help.

Bonita Smith

Secretarial Endeavours - Not just an ordinary secretary

Guest Pat Z.

Not that I've ever found Bonita.

You can get help starting your business through SCORE, but there's not financial assistance.

Hi:

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that I used the VAC business plan also and was accepted this week for the SEB program also. The agency complimented me on having all the information and they did not have any questions at all. Just went in this week to sign the paperwork. Course starts on June 6th. Looking forward to the challenges ahead but I know I can do it.

Thanks Tawnya.

Guest ChristinaK

Good job! I am also in the program in BC and I am in my seminar phase, its great!

christina

Hi Ladies,

As a graduate of the OSEB (Ontario program), I can tell you it is a program that offers potential. I met some really wonderful people during my time in the program.

I am delighted I was given the opportunity to enter and graduate from the program!

Hi:

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that I used the VAC business plan also and was accepted this week for the SEB program also. The agency complimented me on having all the information and they did not have any questions at all. Just went in this week to sign the paperwork. Course starts on June 6th. Looking forward to the challenges ahead but I know I can do it.

Thanks Tawnya.

Heather, glad that business plan helped get you accepted. It is the same one I used to go through the SEB program ;) Wish I could have seen you here while in Ontario but time has gone by so quick and will be flying out on Wednesday.

I've just applied for the VIP (Venture Inception Program) basically through EI. They will help with a small income (up to $300 weekly) while you are building your business. You get something like 8 or 10 weeks to build your business plan and then if it's approved, you get another 40 weeks or something to build your business, all the while getting the income. Now that my EI has just run out, I figured it would be nice to have some $$ coming in until I start gaining clientelle. The SEB sounds like it's quite detailed though, congrats to those who made it through! :thumbup:

I've just applied for the VIP (Venture Inception Program) basically through EI. They will help with a small income (up to $300 weekly) while you are building your business. You get something like 8 or 10 weeks to build your business plan and then if it's approved, you get another 40 weeks or something to build your business, all the while getting the income. Now that my EI has just run out, I figured it would be nice to have some $$ coming in until I start gaining clientelle. The SEB sounds like it's quite detailed though, congrats to those who made it through! :thumbup:

Good luck Cathy.

I just finished up with the classroom portion of the course and handed in my final business plan. Now it is time to build my business. Have to fill out monthly reports and meet with my business coach at least once a month until at least March 2012. It was a great program and one that I highly recommend for those who would qualify.

I got in to the VIP so now the 'work' begins! I already had a business plan that I worked on back in December so I'm using that as a base, but since I have to work at it 35 hours a week, I have the time to really beef it up a bit. Hopefully it's going to be good enough...have to hand in my first two sections on Monday morning! eek!