Guest typer

Questions On Becoming a Virtual Assistant

Guest typer

Hello All,

I'm interested in becoming a VA. I've had professional experience in a corporate environment so I'm well versed in pleasing the customer and delivering projects on time. I'm curious about how a VA gets their projects. Are they assigned or does a VA have to search for them on the web, apply and hope to get them? Is the work steady in that after completing assignments I can expect more? Is having Microsoft Word and a Google spreadsheet enough software to complete most projects? If the assignments are steady and I plan to work 4-8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, how much income is probable in week?

Thanks in advance for answers. I'd like to know what I may be getting into before diving in.

Dave

A VA Wannabee

Well you have come to the right spot to learn all about becoming a VA. Read through the many marvelous and educational posts here to learn more plus I highly suggest you check out the links in my signature below. Specifically download the "Things to Do a VAnetworking" free pdf. You can also download a sample of our Virtual Assistant startup system in the links below too.

Welcome and we hope to see you around regularly.

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I'm curious about how a VA gets their projects. Are they assigned or does a VA have to search for them on the web, apply and hope to get them?

I've searched for clients rather than projects. I market my business and my services rather than bidding on jobs online. I prefer retainer clients that purchase my time in bulk at the beginning of each month.

Is the work steady in that after completing assignments I can expect more?

It all depends. When I started my business, I was full out after four months, but that's because I built my business upon retainer clients.

Is having Microsoft Word and a Google spreadsheet enough software to complete most projects?

That depends on the services you wish to provide. If those are the only software products you have then you'd be looking at offering mainly word processing or document formatting services.

If the assignments are steady and I plan to work 4-8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, how much income is probable in week?

Again, this depends. If you want to work 4-8 billable hours a day and you charge the average going rate for a VA of $35-$40/hour then you can get an approximate figure that way. That being said...I've been in business for almost two years and it's almost impossible for me to work that many billable hours a day when I have a business to manage and children to look after! It's possible to make a comfortable living doing this, but it does take time to build up enough of a client base to sustain yourself.

It looks like you've already received some good information. Just remember that being a VA means owning your own business. You market yourself and your business, let clients know you're out there and what you can do for them. They hire you/your business to do what needs to be done. It's like looking in the yellow pages or online for a plumber. They own their own business, market their business and let clients know that they're out there.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

It looks like you've already received some good information. Just remember that being a VA means owning your own business. You market yourself and your business, let clients know you're out there and what you can do for them. They hire you/your business to do what needs to be done. It's like looking in the yellow pages or online for a plumber. They own their own business, market their business and let clients know that they're out there.

At the bottom of these comments is a link for 25+ Things to Do Here. I tried the link and there is an error. I'd like to check this out. Any suggestions?

You can download the latest Adobe Reader or email me at resources [at] vanetworking [dot] com and I'll send it to you.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.