Hi! I have been working as a Virtual Assistant, without that name, for the past 15 months. I recently found this site and several others only to discover that I'm not alone in what I do. WOW :thumbup:

Hope Business Services, my company, covers a wide spectrum from clerical support to marketing support to research to bookkeeping. I'm still not working as much as I'd like, but it is growing. While growing the company, I was also trying to move from one state to another. The move is now over except for finding someplace to put it all. Now my total emphasis is growing the business.

My background is a degree in Applied Business and a Certificate in Computer Information Systems. During the past 25 years, I have worked as both an Administrative Assistant and an Executive Assistant, as a System Administrator for a large corporation and as a small business owner.

Welcome Wendy!

It's great to see you here. Just click through the links at the bottom of my signature line for assistance around the site.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Welcome Wendy!

It's great to see you here. Just click through the links at the bottom of my signature line for assistance around the site.

Good morning. :) I've tried to click on the link for 25+ item, but the link doesn't work. Someone needs to check the website and find out why. I would love to check out that link.

I don't know if it was you, but someone else said they had a problem with that link over the weekend. It's a link to a PDF file, so you need to make sure you have the latest edition of Adobe Reader to make the link work. It's working fine for me.

I don't know if it was you, but someone else said they had a problem with that link over the weekend. It's a link to a PDF file, so you need to make sure you have the latest edition of Adobe Reader to make the link work. It's working fine for me.

I reloaded Adobe Reader, but I'm still getting an error message in the lower left hand corner. I'm working on Windows XP, but I don't believe that is the problem. Do you need to be an VAinsider? I'm not - yet. Need to have the income to cover it.

Send me an email (resources [at] vanetworking [dot] com) and I'll send you the file if you're still having problems.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Hello to All

I'm Kecia and up and coming VA and I just found this website and wanted to get in on it. So hello and I look forward to networking with you all.

Welcome to both of you. I would have to agree that this is a great forum to learn from.

Guest Pat Z.

Welcome to VANA Wendy and Kecia,

Good luck! You'll find a ton of information to help you here.

Pat Z

Guest larney
Welcome to the forum Wendy and Kecia.. You are going to love it here!!

Elenora

Elenora,

I went to your blog and LOVED it! The comparison between the twilight zone and the sims hit me full face!

My name is Linda. I am 59 and my hubby and I live in the Houston area.

I was recently laid off from a job I have held for the past 11 years. Whew! Job searching sure has changed in 11 years. There are now- background checks, drug tests, personality tests, physicals. Being unemployed is a real blow to your ego.

I now have no where to go in the mornings and feel like an old friend has died.

The first Monday after I was laid off my husband came into our bedroom and found me sitting on the side of the bed crying. "What is the matter?” he said putting his arm around me. I said that for the first time in 11 years I had no where to go!

Since 2004 I have been half heartedly trying to start some sort of home business. But when you are employed full time and making a pretty good salary, you tend to procrastinate yourself to death! So ladies NEVER ask God for something UNLESS you are prepared to handle it! I dont' know how many times I remember in those 11 years[more in the last 4]saying outloud...wish I could find something I REALLY feel inspires and fullfills me. So God shook me out of my job for a purpose and I hope to find it in the VIRTUAL world. The older I get the less I feel that the corporate rat race is my cup of tea. I have GREAT skills [modesty is not one of them! lol] and hope this will allow me to use them and find many new and stedfast friends in the process.

Now I have NO excuse and have been trying to tweak that old web page and get it into shape for something that will showcase my 30 years of working talents and make someone out there think I am just what they are looking for.

I would love to work at home, who wouldn't! I am going to market myself as one of those new fangled "Virtual" assistants.

There are so many web sites out there that are MUCH better than mine and these ladies seem to have been doing it for ages. I hope I will be able to compete with a few of them.

I am posting my web page...not for advertisement...but for input! I need all the suggestions, comments...good or bad!...that you can send my way. I am not a thin skinned weepy eyed thing that cannot take criticism so be frank and honest. I want this site to reflect my professionalism.

Thanks and God Bless

Linda

http://arneyssmallbusinessservices.fina ... fault.aspx