PRN Admin - Catherine Fonk

Free Webshare (can replace Webex/GotoMeeting)

Hello everyone!

I came across this website from a colleague and started using the software. I was previously paying for GoToMeeting, however, I have found a free replacement.

The site is www.yuuguu.com. They provide instant, easy remote working. You can work together with your clients on documents and applications remotely - no need to load anything up to the web, or create a new 'online' only document.

My main sell was that it reduced my web conferencing bill to zero, which is great for my new VA start-up :) They even have a fully integrated global conference bridge, which is nice to have if you have limited conferencing capabilities on your own phone line. And because you can remotely control another computer (if you've been given permission), you can also use that as an additional value add or service for you VA services. Essentially, it's great for helping your customers with any technology problems.

Anyway, I am using this product, and so far, so good, so I thought I would share the wealth, or should I say the savings :)

Good Luck!

Cathy

My client uses GoTo all the time and we love it - except that it doesn't have a bridge. Can it record the audio and the video? I'm definitely going to check this out!

I've downloaded it, but the client I would test with is not at his computer now. I'd love to test it right now, but don't have anyone to test it with???????

Do you know how many users can log on at once? From their website it looks like you can have multiple users online at once, but it doesn't say how many.

Do you know how many users can log on at once? From their website it looks like you can have multiple users online at once, but it doesn't say how many.

Not sure, but I am sure if we post questions to their boards they will answer. They are based in the UK. Their conference call bridge is through Powwow Now, who gives the a kickback for every conference they refer to them.

The software is Beta, so those that are weary of using software that has only gone through an alpha build and test, you may want to wait on using this software till it's officially released. However, if you like testing new technology and helping companies that provide free software to the masses, this is a great opportunity to put the software through some real-life situations. They are building for the home-based workforce :)

One caveat. I would highly recommend sharing the user agreement and terms with clients, being very open that you are contributing to testing of beta software. Be straight with your client, as they would rather know up front rather than in moments of crisis.

Just my two cents...

Good afternoon fellow VAs!

I was curious about the maximum users and their recording capabilities, so I sent an email to support@yuuguu.com. Within 30 minutes time, I am happy to say I had a response.

Hi Catherine,

Maximum right now is best kept to 8 people but in 2 days time will be up to 30 people.

We do not have recording on our application at present but it is in the request to add in. Not sure on a timescale for this but it will be sometime this year.

Kindest regards,

Neil Kay-Jones

Online Support Manager

I was pretty impressed with the promptness of the response not to mention an actual answer. So it looks like they are doing a feature rollout this Friday, and more to come! They do have a wishlist section on their forum, so if you want a feature added, I think it would help them from a development standpoint. The link to the wishlist forum is:

http://www.yuuguu.com/forum/viewforum.php?...c9925aa49a64ec8

Neil also responded to my inquiry with the following:

When you do [use the software], pop me in your contacts list and i will help you out if you need it.

Yuuguu: neil.kay-jones@yuuguu.com

Neil

He also confirmed, via IM chat thru the yuuguu interface, that the upgrade was rolling out. So they are very good at keeping up with those who ask questions, have support requests.

So enjoy all!

Cathy

Thank you so much Cathy for sharing this resource. It couldn't have come at a better time since I am currently shopping around for web conferencing services and they all seem sooo expensive to me. I tried Yugma but found their interface cumbersome and if there's any fluctuation in your internet speed at all (mine goes up and down all the time - drives me crazy) the application drops and signing back on it's a pain.

I signed up yesterday for a trial of Gatherplace and so far it's worked pretty well. I did a 1 hour screen sharing session using it today and although it did drop once me and my client were able to get back on very easily. The monthly charge for them is $29.99/month on a month to month plan which $20 less expensive a month than GoToMeeting.

I'll definitely check these guys out and report back. I do a lot of one on one application training in my telecom consulting practice so I need something reliable that won't cost me an arm and a leg each month and eat into my profits.

Thanks again!