Sign in to follow this  
Pam Ivey

Top Producer

Ok, I know most people love to hate this program but it's the industry standard. So, how many of you use Top Producer for your clients? Love it? Hate it? How come?

Personally, I quite like TP7i - especially their action plan module. This really helps us help our clients keep on track of prospective buyers and sellers. I like that you can keep track of your contacts, listing inventory, and can customize the drip marketing messages (because I really think Dave Besons messages that they have preprogrammed in there are stinky :rolleyes: ). I do find that the email and flyer program are rudimentary and can be quite finicky when working with graphics though.

I'd be interested if you've used other tools for the same kinds of things that you like better.

Cheers,

Pam

Count a loved it.

When we get frustrated, we have to compare the variables.

1. Cost
  2. Adaptability
  3. Franchise?
  4. Support

I have used Top Producer successfully on a big recruiting project. This was with KW, who packs TP with all kinds of goodies ready to go. We had to 'reinvent' almost everything because there were no comparable campaigns. We had a smooth presentation and I found it great to work with. Particularly for the monthly rate.

Everything TP does can be done with Outlook, BUT, you had better be ready to think up EVERYTHING. You will be tinkering with the Contacts, writing your own letters, etc. etc. It can happen and happen beautifully. But, are you a designer or a real estate agent and VA? (Sort of like writers find Computers let them think about whether they are writers or typists.) So, while Outlook will work, it isn't set up for any specific business and has to be adapted. TP already thinks Real Estate.

I have worked with Reliance as well because it is connected with a different franchise. I didn't ever go into it deep enough to see if I could do fancy html emails as we could with TP.

I have made stationary and worked over some of the post cards on TP, adapting templates. It's done a certain way and you just have to learn to speak that language.

The support people are ready to go to work, but they are not 24/7. They will help as much as they can. There were times when I knew almost as much as they did because somethings were still in development. But, they would give me HOURS of support.

A great deal of what is frustrating comes from being used to something else and having trouble communicating with a different process. There are some aspects of TP that seem like overkill but they don't have to be used.

It is a machine. It will have days when it isn't perfect. But, by and large, AND if your franchise promotes it, it will work very hard for you. If an agent is aching to reinvent the wheel in Outlook, I would ask them to try TP or one of the other services for a few months to get an outline.

I didn't come up with a different choice for you. I hope I've reinforced your position of liking it. I didn't find it HARD when I paid attention to the directions! A few things I asked support to recommend included multiple signatures for the agent.

I find TP also helpful with tracking expense of the individual realtor, this is more complicated with a team. Prospects Web is another software program that is being offer with Calgary Real Estate Board Fees. It is very user friendly and is directly linked to MLXchange to link listings to clients to showings to feedback. Templates and Actions are very detailed and easy to change. The only thing with this program is you can not track expenses but having QuickBooks I found it is null and void anyway.

I use TP 7i for transaction coordination with one of my clients. I like it because we can customize it to our needs. It is not the most user friendly program so I will be curious to hear other recommendations from the forum. Thank you for starting this topic!

Prospects Web is another software program that is being offer with Calgary Real Estate Board Fees.

Thanks very much for mentioning this system! I've never heard of it and now I'll have to do some research. :)

Cheers,

Pam

Guest katherinepetri

My client had me update his Top Producer account for him just recently. This was my first experience with real estate, but I found I LOVE the program. It is great to have everything right there, to keep track of where all your clients are in the process, be able to make and send them marketing materials directly from the program and keep a great contact list of not only clients but everyone you work with from vendors to mortgage brokers. The only downfall I have found is that you cannot remove a listing once you have put it in. So even if the listing expires, it still remains active in your account.