Sherra

Just passed the On-Line REPA Exam!

I just completed the On-Line REPA course through Realtor University and passed the final exam! Yippee! I haven't even begun to market to any real estate agents yet. I wanted to complete the training and get the certification first. I guess I should start writing my press release hu?

Congratulations Sherra! You should get a letter from them with a pre-written press release in the mail pretty soon.

Congrats Sherra!

A wonderful accomplishment!!! :thumbup:

Did you learn a lot from the training? Would you recommend it to others?

What was the number one thing you took away from the course?

Cheers!

Pam

:yay:

Oh great, ask all the hard questions why don't ya Pam! LOL

Having no real estate background I did learn a lot from the training. I also felt a lot of it was common sense stuff, but that's just how my brain works. What I find to be "easy" some find difficult, then there are tasks that I simply can't wrap my head around that others breeze through. Everyone has their own skills, the key is knowing what they are.

I would recommend it to anyone who does not have a real estate background. I'm sure anyone who has ever worked in a real estate setting for any length of time would already know most of the information. But it's a nice notch to have on your belt.

It does not go into specifics on how to perform specific tasks (does not give you info on MLS, contact management, marketing, etc.) but it does introduce you to the terminology and the general flow of things.

I guess I can't really say there was one particular thing I took away from the course (except the certification of course). I think the REVA course and Kim's book will give me a kick start. I have sent out a press release in my local area and submitted to various on-line press release sites, but I haven't started marketing to any real estate agents yet or even put on my web site that I offer real estate support. That it is something I'm going to work on in the next few weeks. I have joined ActiveRAIN though.