Sign in to follow this  
visionsvirtualassistance

E-fax recommendations

I currently use the free version of e-fax to receive incoming faxes. I have a physical fax machine for sending faxes out. I've had this set up since 2005 and it's worked perfectly for me so far.

I just received a message from e-fax informing me that I must upgrade by June 23 or my account will be suspended due to too many incoming faxes in the past 90 days. They say they only allow 20 pages per month of free incoming faxes before you have to upgrade. Ok. This is news to me. The first year I had this I had way more than 20 pages per month coming in. But, it's their company, they can do what they want.

I am not about to pay $16.95 per month to receive incoming faxes. I can use my fax machine but the problem is that most people don't warn me that a fax is coming. They will get a busy signal because I have a teenage daughter who's on the phone 24/7. Plus there's no guarantee that I'll have paper in the fax machine at the time a fax comes in.

So I need to come up with a new plan. My choices are,

1) (hopefully) find a cheaper e-fax and keep the same set-up

2) get a second phone to use as a business line and hook my physical fax up to that. (this seems like an expensive option because we are talking phone charges plus paper)

3) something else that you guys come up with

At this point in my business I really can't afford another monthly charge.

Hi, Crystal:

Ringcentral has a fax service that's $9.99 a month (or $7.99 per month if you pre pay for a full year). This plan gives you 300 pages a month. I love them as virtual pbx company and use their fax capabilities with that. Never had a problem. Check them out here: http://www.ringcentral.com/plansandpricing...centralfax.html .

Hope that helps.

I got the same email today. I never get that may faxes except for last month when a bookkeeping client faxes 30 pages directly to me instead of through the clients jconnect account. Anyway, here is the solution I have found and already signed up for: http://www.faxdigits.com/

With the free account you can receive an unlimited number of faxes. If you want a local and toll free numbers it's only $7.95/month and that includes up to 50 out going faxes.

Like you I already have a fax machine so I went with the free account. I hate to waste paper and ink when most times I can work from a PDF without printing it out. (Have I mentioned that I am super frugal??)

thinking of the peculiar phishing things that go on, i would check their website to see if this is true.

What would it cost less than $16.95 to get your daughter a prepaid cell phone? Do you only have fax on that? all client calls go to a cell?

I started efax because I couldn't get the old fax machine to work on ancient phone lines. I traded houses and fax machines, but the new one ran out of ink and became rather tempermental before that, so I don't want to invest in new cartridges for something that probably won't work. On the 'puter, you can print the ones you need to and save the rest. saves paper, space and ink.

Look at the options and let us know what is working for you.

Jodie, I am just like you - completely frugal!

I got super excited about Ring Central and I almost signed up for their fax, as well as a 1-800 business line, which I am also in need of. But before I did that I figured I'd call my cable company to see what I would be saving by cancelling their phone service. It turns out I can get a second phone line from cable for $10/mo.

I ordered the second phone line which will be installed tomorrow. I cancelled my movie channels to off-set the cost.

I still have to worry about having paper in the machine and the ink drying up so I may sign up for DigitsFree anyway. Life would be so easy if people would just tell you that they are sending you a fax in advance. (insert heavy sigh here)

Crystal,

Why don't you hook the 2nd phone line up to your computer and use Microsoft Fax to receive your faxes...no paper unless you WANT to print it. I have mine set up that way...works great!

Hi Crystal,

I've been using Intermedia since I started my business 50 pages is $4.95 per month and 300 pages is $9.95 per month. They also have a bunch of other services so check them out if you get a chance. I've included the link Intermedia

I have used TrustFax for a year and I really like it. I have an 800 fax number and it comes directly into my inbox as a PDF. I can scan documents in and upload them to Trustfax to send faxes. I paid $29.99 or $39.99 for 150 pages and then I just bought some additional pages about a month ago for $10.

I highly recommend it. I have never had any problems. They also have local numbers available and larger packages.

Guest jkm1975

My fax is through Maxemail (www.maxemail.com) and I'm very pleased.

Good luck!

Jessica

I have never used their faxing services, but www.onesuite.com offers them

http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp

According to the site, it is only $1 a month.

As I wrote, I've not used this particular services, but I have used onesuite.com for the last 8 years for long distance calls and they can NOT be beat. $.029 a minute, yes less than 3 cents, there is not sign up fee, no membership fee, you aren't charged monthly, nothing but paying for your call. You get a virtual calling card number which you can assign codes for frequently dialed number. Anyhow, they are a good and legitimate business, and there e-fax thing might be one you need.

Candy Sugarman

I currently use the free version of e-fax to receive incoming faxes. I have a physical fax machine for sending faxes out. I've had this set up since 2005 and it's worked perfectly for me so far.

I just received a message from e-fax informing me that I must upgrade by June 23 or my account will be suspended due to too many incoming faxes in the past 90 days. They say they only allow 20 pages per month of free incoming faxes before you have to upgrade. Ok. This is news to me. The first year I had this I had way more than 20 pages per month coming in. But, it's their company, they can do what they want.

I am not about to pay $16.95 per month to receive incoming faxes. I can use my fax machine but the problem is that most people don't warn me that a fax is coming. They will get a busy signal because I have a teenage daughter who's on the phone 24/7. Plus there's no guarantee that I'll have paper in the fax machine at the time a fax comes in.

So I need to come up with a new plan. My choices are,

1) (hopefully) find a cheaper e-fax and keep the same set-up

2) get a second phone to use as a business line and hook my physical fax up to that. (this seems like an expensive option because we are talking phone charges plus paper)

3) something else that you guys come up with

At this point in my business I really can't afford another monthly charge.

Wow, there are so many options. I was really happy with Efax, too. It stinks that I have to change. Now that I have the new line in I will try to figure out how to make Microsoft fax work. I think that's the best option since I really needed a business line too. I'll miss HBO, but I have to prioritize...

I gave up satellite tv and it felt good from the very first day and still does! My kids have a membership with netflix that isn't all that expensive; sometimes they watch on their computer.

Wow, there are so many options. I was really happy with Efax, too. It stinks that I have to change. Now that I have the new line in I will try to figure out how to make Microsoft fax work. I think that's the best option since I really needed a business line too. I'll miss HBO, but I have to prioritize...

Microsoft Fax is super simple...and you can set it up to use your Outlook Contacts when you want to send a fax. Here's a link on how to set up Microsoft Fax.