Wow, was it really only 6 months ago that I did the dual monitor move? It feels like forever. I still don't know how I got any work done before. I'm so comfortable with the dual screen now, I hate when I use my laptop. I even watch my TIVO recordings in a corner of one screen while I work if I'm doing my own admin work or something. It rocks!

Guest Pat Z.

I had to go back to my PC because the laptop did NOT like Office 2007. Unfortunately, I used to use the laptop and hook the PC monitor up to it to get my dual monitor.

I have no idea how to use the laptop monitor as a 2nd monitor :( so I'm really bummed. I am not nearly as productive with only one screen.

Any helpful tips? Brent?

Pat,

The best way to have a dual monitor is just to buy another monitor. Of course, if you already have that laptop just sitting there, there IS a way to use it as a second monitor.

http://www.maxivista.com/

Yes, it is $30. BUT, that is way less than the cost of a second monitor. Plus: They do offer a free trial.

Soooo, what can it hurt? I've never tried their software, so left me know how it goes.

Tom Beauchamp

OffAssist

I've kind of not been thinking about this, but I replaced a too small, but otherwise very nice crt monitor with a lovely BIG flat screen. Now, could I have both of them?

The crt is small, but it is hi res, clear and was working fine until Phoebe, the kitten went behind and bumped the plug. I thought she killed it, so ordered a new one. Then, discovered she only unplugged it. i have to tell you my eyes LUV the larger screen. But, being the tightwad I am, the little one is stored away in case I figure out a use for it.