Sign in to follow this  
frances.palaschuk@rogers.com

Adsense Stopped Paying Out..

I am really new to Adsense, actually I don't know anything about it.

I have a client who stopped being paid out about a year ago but they are still taking money off his credit card... I tried to figure this out with no luck...

Any Adsense guru's have any suggestions?

Many thanks!

There are TWO things at google

AdSense

AdWords

Adsense is where we put code on our web pages and those little ads pop up. People click on them. We make maybe a fraction of a cent on a click and a percentage if the click becomes a purchase.

AdSense doesn't cost anything; there should be nothing deducted from a card. They will pay when the account reaches $100. I have had it for years, but not really worked on it, so I have NEVER earned $100, more like maybe $15. If there are not appropriate ads, Google will use the space for psa ads, which I do not think will pay anything. I do know a flesh and blood person who has made a few bucks on AdSense, but I am not acquainted with anyone in the flesh who makes a living at it the way some people say.

AdWords costs because it is the funding for the little ads, plus those little boxes to the right of google search listings. They are connected to a credit card. When an account is opened, there is often a small amount of funding available before they start charging. Some hosting services or software will include $50 of credit at AdWords. I do know flesh and blood people who swear by the advertising benefits of AdWords. They will not deduct from a card if there is no 'campaign' active and if there are no clicks. I have had small charges when I forgot to shut down a campaign. When I shut it down, there were no further charges, but I still have an account and the option of starting a campaign.

It sounds to me as if your client, like me and others, has both services and is using AdWords, even if not much, while there are not profitable ads on the webpages using adsense or the code has gotten smooshed and they aren't displaying.

Thanks Judy, I appreciate your time.

Out of all the Internet things I delve in this is not one of them, lol.

The client swears that something is wrong with his account but I am not even sure where to start looking - he says to call Google.

Does anyone know if you can actually call Google?

Thanks.