Megan B

Print Newsletters and Mailing Them

I have a client that would like to do a print newsletter and mail out to a database of about 300-400. Now I usually manage email newsletters easily, or I do postcard mailings pretty regularly because I outsource the printing and mailing to someone like Expresscopy.com. But for some reason, for print newsletters I'm drawing a blank on how to process it.

I want to save them time and money, and will be outsourcing the printing anyway, so are there print vendors out there that handle print newsletter mailings? I use Expresscopy all the time for postcards, but I don't think they do the mailing part for newsletters. I would need them to be folded, tabbed, and then addressed and mailed so if I can find someone to do that for us that would be great.

I could do all the folding and tabbing myself, but don't want to spend too much time doing that, affixing postage and labels, etc, if there is a quicker option of outsourcing to the printer. But if I cannot find that, then I will be processing myself and possibly having to figure out this bulk mailing thing (any bulk mail experts out there?).

So what is a good solution for this? Any printers that you can recommend that do this sort of thing?

Meg,

Did you contact your local quality printer? Our neighborhood printer will also do the bulk mailing for an additional charge. If the organization has a bulk mail rate stamp then they print that onto the piece if one is not available then then the printer will use their own and upcharge for this. They'll run the pieces through the folding machine, add address labels or print directly on the piece and delivery them to the post office.

If you want the name of my local printer just PM or email me. This printer accepts work content via email and would probably work with you if you can't find a source closer to you.

~Ruth

I don't know of any national printers that do bulk mailings, but as Ruth said, I know several local printers that do them. I would check out your local area printers to see who offers it in your area. The good thing about a local printer is that you can go by and check the quality of the mailings before they go out.

Guest Vinnie C

Try www.vistaprint.com

Edited by Vinnie C