amytopel

Finding my niche in Health & Wellness

Since I started my business in January of this year, I haven't really focused on a specific market. I have thought of different markets that I would like to target my services to, but I haven't settled on just one. However, for some reason my mind keeps coming back to the Health & Wellness industry. Now here comes the question (!)...does anyone focus on this particular market? If so, what type of response do you get for the services that you offer?

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Amy B. Emerick

Owner

Access Office Services

Hi Amy, with all of the green living products, organic products, and people paying more attention to health and wellness I think this niche could prove to be a good one.

I don't specialize in this particular niche however, the majority of my good clients happen to be involved within this particular industry. I think if the business has an online presence that they use to generate leads then there certainly would be a good response if you offer services like website/blog maintenance, social media coordination, teleseminar coordination, web analytics, Internet research, competitive research, etc...

I hope this helps somewhat, and good luck!

I have a client that is a licensed Personal Trainer. I maintain her web site, order business supplies, create all promotional advertising/marketing data, email and snail mail billing, minimal bookkeeping.

My clients response is with great appreciation as she does not want to spend much time on office matters but instead spends it working one on one with her clientele.

I hope this helps

People who want help with this often do not have the office space for onsite people; the virtual assistant would be perfect. Just draw them the picture.

People who want help with this often do not have the office space for onsite people; the virtual assistant would be perfect. Just draw them the picture.

I agree, my client does not have her own facility and works with her clients from their homes, gym, and parks. I work completely from my home office for her and all my clients.

Guest Julie Arellano

I have been wanting to target Health & Wellness for my target area as well. I am just starting out so much learning is going on.

Buffy, does your personal trainer also use a VA for bookkeeping?

Amy, what services are you going to provide? (your niche)

~~julieann

Buffy, does your personal trainer also use a VA for bookkeeping?

~~julieann

I had a fitness trainer awhile back as a client and yes, they used us for bookkeeping too :) Mostly however we just looked after their newsletter and flyer productions.

At one time, my niche was the healthcare industry. I worked with administration on HIPAA and Corporate Compliance. I updated policies and wrote compliance plans. Healthcare in general is an excellent niche for a VA since a lot of behind the scenes work can be done remotely. The biggest drawback is the legalities and privacy issues that could be involved.